StartupCamp Bratislava #29 - LivePlan presentation
The place to network in Slovakia Imrich Tatiersky email@example.com #SC29
Our goal is to help you • get ﬁrst feedback to – Your idea in general – Presentation – Pitch • ﬁnd appropriate – Mentor – Investors – Customer market – Answers on general questions“How To…” Startups’ ﬁrst screening
What is the ﬁrst step you should do,before you pitch to anybody? PREPARATION!
• If youll need outside funding in order to start yourhome business, you should expect to preparea small business plan. • You still need to know if theres a market for youproducts or services and you still need to know whatthe ﬁnancial potential, startup costs and breakevenpoint will be. By Randy Duermyer, former About.com Guidehttp://homebusiness.about.com/od/businessplans/a/businessplanno.htm What about your business plan?
• Deﬁne a new business • Support a loan application • Raise equity funding • Deﬁne objectives and describe programs to achieve those objectives • Evaluate a new product line, promotion, or expansion • Create a regular business review and course correction process • Deﬁne agreements between partners • Set a value on a business for sale or legal purposes By Tim Berry, Founder and President of Palo Alto Software http://articles.bplans.com/writing-a-business-plan/do-i-need-a-business-plan Reasons for writing a business plan
• A business plan is a formal statement of a set of business goals, the reasonsthey are believed attainable, and the plan for reaching those goals. It mayalso contain background information about the organization or teamattempting to reach those goals. • Business plans may also target changes in perception and branding by thecustomer, client, taxpayer, or larger community.When the existing businessis to assume a major change or when planning a new venture, a 3 to 5 yearbusiness plan is required, since investors will look for their annual return inthat timeframe. By Wikipedia: Pinson, Linda. (2004).Anatomy of a Business Plan:A Step-by-Step Guide to Building aBusiness and SecuringYour Company’s Future (6th Edition). Page 20. Dearborn Trade: Chicago, USA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_plan What is the business plan?
• Presents a well thought out idea • Contains clear and concise writing • Has a logical structure • Illustrates management’s ability to make thebusiness a success • Shows proﬁtability By Tim Berry, Founder and President of Palo Alto Software http://articles.bplans.com/writing-a-business-plan/do-i-need-a-business-plan What makes a successful businessplan?
SO IS THERE ANY SOLUTION HOW TO SOLVE IT?Yes, there are several: http://goo.gl/bgnXH Let’s see one of the best: http://youtu.be/FJoWO8q9PaY
• Create a pitch • Create a plan • Manage it all hps://app.liveplan.com/login Let’s see how is it working?