500 Startups founding partner Dave McClure reveals the investment strategy that's made him one of Silicon Valley's most recognizable, and controversial, venture capitalists. He was a guest speaker in Lecturer Rob Siegel's Entrepreneurship: Formation of New Ventures class on October 23, 2014.
Topics discussed include:
• Why McClure believes the traditional venture capital industry is ripe for disruption.
• How betting on the underdog can pay off.
• Why it's important to leave the Silicon Valley bubble to find innovative new business ideas.
• How chasing elusive "unicorns" and "thunder lizards" can lead to bad investment decisions.
• And how an entrepreneur’s personality can help or hinder achieving their vision.
Learn more about Stanford GSB Lecturer Robert Siegel: http://stanford.io/1MvTOK1
Get the 500 Startups case study: http://stanford.io/1OM5x5f