Importance of mirrors as per Vaastu
Dr.N.V.Srinivasulu, Professor of mech.engg
1.. Make sure that miorror in the bed room does not reflect your bed while sleeping
which brings sickness.
2. place a mirror reflecting a dining table. It is believed that the doubling of food on
the dining table symbolizes abundance of wealth.
3. Mirror should not reflect the main door that opens outside. You might miss a good
opportunities coming to your life.
4. Mirrors are used to expand a space. When your premises has a cut in particular
direction, mirror works as a remedy to give a depth to the offending wall.
5. A mirror can also be used when you have a lower ceiling , which symbolically
indicates pushing down effect. In this case, you should place a mirror facing the
ceiling in order to make it reflect it.
6. Amazing things happen when you use a mirror that effectively pulls in the
outdoors and warmth from the sun. If your windows open to a beautiful outdoor view
or exquisite garden, bring those views inside by placing a mirror on the wall opposite
of the windows. The mirror will reflect the outdoor views bringing them inside and
making the landscape an integral part of the premises.
7. A narrow passage or hallway constricts the energy of that space. This can have a
constricting effect on your own energy affecting your health. The lungs especially
might be affected, as the constricted passageway in your home is analogous to
constricted airways in your body. Widen a narrow entry or hall with mirrors on one or
8. Mirror can be used to send something negative away. You can even use a Feng
Shui pakua mirrors available in the market to hang on the wall at outside level.
Pakua mirror can be used only outside the house. it should be never kept inside the
9. Mirror on the south and west direction should be avoided as per vastu. There
are silver mirror pyramids available to correct the wrong placement.