For many IT experts, big data analytics tools and technologies are now a top priority. Let's find out the top big data analytics tools in this slide to initialize and advance the process of big data analysis.
Top Big data Analytics tools: Emerging trends and Best practices
TOP BIG DATA ANALYTICS TOOLS:
EMERGING TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICES
By - SpringPeople
In the current market scenario, large scale and small scale companies have
already realized the importance of Big Data. It is not a mere buzzword anymore,
but the new facet of business today - which requires management of large
volumes of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
But that is not the end. Analysing the data in a way that brings real business value
is what the corporate industry seeks for. Hence, in order to identify trends and
patterns, and churn out the valuable things from a massive amount of data, the
role of Big Data analytics comes into play.
What is Big Data analytics?
In order to understand how to analyse data, let us understand what Big Data exactly
is. Big Data analytics is the process of a data analysis that involves
examination of large data sets to find hidden patterns, customer preferences,
market trends, unknown correlations and many other business information.
Those analytical findings can generate more effective marketing, enhanced
operational efficiency, new revenue opportunities, better customer service,
competitive advantages over the rival organizations and many other business
opportunities. Business and IT heads who used to report the Big Data management
issues on a regular basis are now slowly migrating to big data analytics to solve
Big Data Analysis
• Analysing big data is much beyond just buying a data analytics software because
handling only the data analytic technologies is not just the challenge. Well-planned
strategies, big data analysis techniques and people with the right set of skills and
talent who could leverage the technologies according to the given parameters are
also essential for a big data analytics initiative.
• On the other hand, buying additional tools for business intelligence beyond an
organization's analytics applications and business intelligence may not even be
necessary depending upon the business goals set for a particular project.
• The potential pitfalls that can boost up organizations taking initiatives on big data
analytics contain many loopholes like, the lack of expertise in internal data analytics
and expensiveness of hiring experienced analytics professionals.
• Data management, quality and consistency issues are also caused by the amount of
information that is involved and its variety. In addition to that, integrating Hadoop
systems and data warehouses could be a bit messy, although many vendors now
offer software connectors that join big data tools Hadoop with relational databases
and other data integration tools (having big data capabilities).
Big Data Analytics Tools
The modern day technologies allow big data analysis using many software tools
commonly taken as a part of advanced analytics processes such as predictive analysis,
text analysis, data mining and statistical analysis.
The software is available in the open source platform and can be used as big data
reporting tools as well. On the other hand, mainstream business intelligence tools and
big data visualization tools play an important role in the advanced stage.
Let us discuss different categories of data analysis and reporting tools, and how they
can be deployed to initialize and advance the process of big data analysis.
1. OPEN SOURCE BIG DATA TOOLS
JASPERSOFT BI TOOLS
Jaspersoft was originally created for report generation andnow it is gaining popularity
as one of the best open source tools for business intelligence, that generates reports
by extracting information from database columns.
• This software is one of the highly advanced reporting tools for big data deployed
already in the business market for creating PDFs out of SQL tables for everyone to
scrutinize at business meetings. It forms a bridge between report generating software
and big data storage houses.
• Jaspersoft now offers software to extract data from most of the major storage
platforms such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Riak, Redis, Neo4J, and CouchDB. Once
the data is sucked up, Jaspersoft's server converts that into interactive tables and
• The reports thus generated are highly sophisticated interactive tools which help the
user drill down as much as possible and fetch as many details as required. This
stands at the top of the list of business intelligence tools and Jaspersoft is attempting
to make it even easier to use the sophisticated reports.
• Basically, it doesn't offer particularly a new vision to look at data, all it offers is a
highly sophisticated form of accessing data located in new storage houses.
TALEND OPEN STUDIO
• Talend studio is an open-source software that offers an eclipse-based IDE to string
data processing jobs with Hadoop. It is mainly used for data integration, data quality,
and data management, with subroutines involved in these jobs.
• It allows the user to drag and drop little icons onto a canvas. Its components also
allow the user to fetch RSS feeds and proxy them as and when needed. There are
numerous components to gather information and others to do things like a "fuzzy
match" prior to the output of results.
• Stringing the data processing jobs together visually with this tool could be easier
once you get to know what the components can do and what not.
• Skytree is one of the best open source big data tools that bringyou a bundle,which
performs like the highly advanced forms of machine-learning algorithms. However,
the user needs to take special care about typing the right command on the command
• Skytree is specially designed to run a number of complex machine-learning
algorithms on the data using an implementation, about 10,000 times faster than other
packages. Its intelligence system searches 'system data' by looking for clusters
formed by mathematically similar items. Then it inverts the data to identify outliners
which could possibly be problems, opportunities or both.
• It comes in both paid and free versions. Even the free version of this tool offers the
same algorithms as that of the proprietary version. The only limitation is, data sets
limited to 100,000 rows.
2. BIG DATA VISUALIZATION TOOLS
• Data visualization today has gone far more than just charts and graphs used in
Excel Sheets. Now it has gone to more advanced levels such as info graphics,
geographic maps, dials and gauges, heat maps, spark lines, detailed bars, pie and
fever charts. Sometimes the images might include interactive capabilities that
enable the users to manipulate or drill into the data for querying or analysing.
• Most of the business intelligence software vendors nowadays embed big data
visualization tools into their products, either by developing the visualization
technologies on their own or sourcing it from the companies dealing with
• Let's discuss one of the most preferred data visualization tools - Tableau Desktop
and Server. It is a visualization software that eases the way you look at your data in
a variety of new ways, then slices it and makes it look different once again!
• You can also intermix the data and check it in yet another light. This tool is perfectly
optimized to give the user all the columns for the data and enables him/her to mix
them before integrating them with one of the hundreds of default graphical
3. BIG DATA REPORTING TOOLS
PENTAHO BUSINESS ANALYTICS
• Pentaho emerged as a report generating engine. Just like Jaspersoft, it extracts
information from the new sources and makes analyzing big data easy.
• Pentaho's tools can be easily linked to the most popular NoSQL databases such
as MongoDB and Cassandra. It features a very user-friendly sorting and sifting
table which comes in handy when the user wants to know who is spending the
most amount of time on a website. Thus, it is gaining much popularity among the
web analysts as one of the best big data analytics reporting tools.
• Splunk has unique features as compared to other big data analytics tools. It is
something more than the mainstream big data reporting tools or a mere
collection of AI routines, although it covers most of that.
• It creates an index of data as if it were a block of text or an entire book. Despite the
fact that databases also build indices, Splunk's approach is almost like a text
search process and the best part is, this sort of indexing is amazingly flexible.
• Splunk is sold in multiple packages:
• i.) For monitoring Microsoft exchange server;
• ii.) Detecting web attacks.
• The index created by Splunk helps in establishing a correlation between data in
these and several other server-side scenarios.
• The selection of technology/tool is just a part of the big data project. Experts say
that evaluation of the potential business value, which a big data software can offer,
keeping long-term objectives in mind, is a very crucial step.
• We have INSTRUCTOR -LED - both Online LIVE & Classroom Session
Present for classroom sessions in Bangalore & Delhi (NCR)
We are the ONLY Education delivery partners for Mulesoft, Elastic, Pivotal & Lightbend
We have delivered more than 5000 trainings and have over 400 courses and a vast pool
of over 200 experts to make YOU the EXPERT!
What is SpringPeople all about?
…and many more