Splice Today: The Next Generation in Alternative Press!
Splice Today is an edgy, intelligent web magazine covering everything from music, films and books to politics, sports and the nuances of popular culture.
Splice Today publishes daily, original content, written by emerging journalists, specifically for the Millennials – the first “information age” generation.
Comprised of educated, creative adults ranging in age from their late teens to their early thirties, this demographic is more plugged-in, advertising savvy and budget conscious than any other:
• Millennials spend 37 hours a week online - more than with TV AND radio.
• 71% read user-generated content online weekly, like that on Splice Today.
• They log into their MySpace and FaceBook accounts 3-4 times every day.
• 62% say they usually learn about, or research brands, via online advertising.
• 72% say they’ve downloaded/printed an online coupon and used it.
Millenials are estimated to be worth over $200 billion annually in the US. This highly desirable, though somewhat elusive demographic, are consuming and/or purchasing products that their parents have never heard of…and are doing it with a higher disposable income than any previous generation of people their age.
In addition, they are often the offspring of the Boomer population, whose worth is estimated $2 trillion a year.
It’s estimated that a hefty $40 million of this wealth will be spent on goods and services for their children whose spending influence will be felt in the following areas:
• 81% of clothing and apparel purchases
• 77% of groceries purchases
• 76% of movie, video, DVD purchases
• 69% of computers and video game/systems purchases
• 66% of cell phone and computer software purchases
One of the best ways to reach these busy, hard-to-reach consumers is via online advertising on sites whose content they truly value. Each month, Splice Today receives over 125,000 UNIQUE VISITORS, delivers over 2 million advertising impressions and has experienced a 900% growth in monthly visitors from July to November of 2008.
This ensures that our advertisers’ marketing dollars work more efficiently by reaching a qualified audience numerous times, increasing both branding and the probability for immediate consumer action.
Don’t miss the opportunity to reach these powerhouse consumers! Contact us today to learn about special incentives and unique sponsorship opportunities that can be tailored to meet your specific marketing needs.
To find out more, call Kelly Crew, Advertising Sales Manager, at 410.889.3550, or email your questions to Kelly@SpliceToday.com.