How to UseOverdrive READBrought to you by the Southern Tier Library System in Painted Post, NYFind more information at stls.lib.overdrive.com
What is Overdrive READ?• A format for eBooks, which allows reading eBooks directly in the browser• Requires no software or Adobe ID• Once downloaded, can be read offline• Works on most tablets and eReaders with a modern browser including the iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook Color, Nook HD, and Android tablets
1) Begin at the Southern Tier Library System’s digital catalog: www.stls.lib.overdrive.com
3) Select “Overdrive READ” to limit to ebooks with Overdrive READ enabled.
4) Check the “Show only titles with copies available”and click “Search”.
5) Select a title you are interested in checking out.
6) To check out the title, select “Borrow”.Tip: On the right is the list of formats available for this title
13 digit number under barcode on back of card Last 4 digits of phone number7) Choose Southern Tier Library System or Penn Yan (Choose Penn Yan only if you have a Penn Yan library card)8) Enter your library card number and PIN. Click "Sign In”.
Previously downloaded book9) Select “Read” to read the book in the browser
10) Once the book downloads, you can read it offline.Tip: Save the URL as a bookmark and access it again if you close your browser.
11) You will have access to the book until the loan period endsTip: return the book early if done reading by clicking “Return Title”