Successfully reported this slideshow.
CASE STUDY ON FOSSIL
Sourav De (37)
Fossil was founded in 1984
It is based on Richardson, Texas, United States
Fossil .Inc is a designer and manufacturer of clothing and accessories ,
primarily watches and jewellery but also sunglasses , wallets and belts ,
shoes and clothing.
Major competitiors of fossil are Swatch , Guess.
Segmentation , Targeting and
• Segment under Consideration
- Male & Female (workeing Professional)
- 21-39 years old
- Style adapters and mainstream consumer
-Consumers preference is the most important.
• Targeting the Segment
-Changeing the fashion trends
-Incorporateing the trands into the products
-Positioning is modern vintage
Compare Between Other Brands
Overview of the Case
Reason for creation of speciality stores
Positioning of the products
Design team for each product devision.
Worldwide product strategy
-85 % of the product is based on the best selling product.
- 15% strategical factor for regional level .
- Change the product strategy and taste on the basis of positioning of market
, political influence, economic nature, socio-cultural effect, technological ada-
ption and legal issues.
1. Does a company that focuses on a retro image of the 1950s need business
2. How do that information needs of an entrepreneurial company change as
it begins to market its product through its own retail stores rather than
through a traditional channel of disteibution?
3. How can a company use business research to determine the best products
to sell in global markets?
4. how can business research help a firm that focuses on high fashion