We live at Langhus in Ski council.
• Langhus means the typical name of a
• Built in 1975
• 311 kids from age 6-13
• Multi cultural school, 15 nations
• An ECO-School by Foundation for Environmental Education. We
recycle paper, food and plastic in every classroom.
Have several departments:
1.th – 4.th grade
5.th -7.th grade
age 6-9 year
age 10-13 year
● A foreign class for introduction to the
● SFO (after school club )
● Multiple handicap section
The school day starts at 8:30
The school day ends at 12 o’clock for the
youngest pupils and at 14.00 for the older
We have to outdoor break times:
one at 10-10:30 and one from 12- 12:30
We have about 20-24 pupils in each class.
Goals for the school
• To read and write Norwegian,
mathematics and English
• The Norwegian National Curriculum for
• Learning styles
Typical of our town/city
• Beautiful nature.
• Lots of place of employments.
• Culture and recreation activities
From the school yard
A lesson outdoor
Place of employment
Small mechanical, electronics, medical and
logistics firms. Groceries for the hole country
is shipped out from Langhus.