WHAT IS THE LEAP
• The Leap Motion Controller is a small USB device that
plugs into your computer. It tracks both hands and all
10 fingers as they move through the open space
between you and your computer, letting you interact
with over 140 apps built for motion control.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH IT?
• You have access to fun.
• New ways to play.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Using LED lights and camera sensors, the Leap Motion
Controller scans an area of roughly 8- cubic feet above
the device. The special software detects your hands
and fingers and translates the data into information for
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
• The Leap Motion Controller is available in the US for
LEAP MOTION, INC.
• Founder (s) Michael Buckwald
• Its first product, originally called The Leap, on May 21,
• The device started full- scale shipping in July 2013.
The Leap Motion Controller is a Kinect-like input device
for Macs and Windows PCs.
It has impressive 3D spatial tracking and already has
dozens of compatible apps.
It cost between $80 –$90 (with tax)
It only works with compatible apps .
Not as intuitive or reliable as using a touch pad, touch
screen, or mouse for everyday tasks.
Your arms will get tired when using it.
The bottom line
• Leap Motion’s Kinect-like PC motion controller has its
moments of magic, but right now it is more toy than
• By Leap Motion Support
• By Wikipedia
• By Scott Stein