Twitter Contest Overview
• Total number of tweets – 53,854
• Total Impressions/Timeline Deliveries – 2.76
• Trended in 14 cities for 5 hours 35 cities
• Trended in India for 5 hours 35 mins overall out
of 7 hours
What was the plan?
• Kya Dilli Kya Lahore- The Movie was releasing on the 2nd May, 2014. We
had to plan and execute a Twitter contest which would create mass
engagement about the movie.
• We planned a Twitter contest which would run from 11 Am in the Morning
Till 6:30 in the Evening.
• A Series of 14 Questions were prepared where 7 were easy and 7 were to be
• Also, 5 Bonus Questions were given to the contestants.
• Prizes of the Contests were a Moto-G, Flipkart Vouchers & KDKL Goodie
Work Before the Contest Began
• Work for the Twitter Contest Began 3 nights before the 30th April,2014.
• Firstly, through thorough Researching we identified a set of people who
were regularly participating in Different contests and informed them about
the contest on the 30th.
• Effective creatives were made highlighting the contest and the prizes and
the gratification Involved.
• Approximately 300-350 Contest regulars/Movie aficionados were targeted
and invited for the contest.
• Result: We started Trending even before the Contest Started
We Trended in India all over for
5 Hours and 35 mins
in the duration of 7 hours of the contest
Pre- Contest Banner
• The Contest Creative Said It all, What the contest was all
• After a period of two days, the contest grand Prize was
announced on the 29th March to create more madness
Rules of the Contest
• As we announced the Rules at 11:00 AM, What happened?
Before We started the contest, We asked
tweeple’s to change their Twitter Handles to
Kya Dilli Kya Lahore
And the response
100+People had changed their handles
Lets have a look at a few
We Trended even before the contest began
at 11 AM
We began to trend at
10:47 AM, even before
the contest started
We also created Bonus Questions
These Questions were activity based which
included taking the participants on
These Questions created
Bonus Questions were put up at
a gap of every two Questions
which created perfect time gap
between the contest and some fun
In between every Question, We created a list
of a few Tweets
which included all the Promos, trailer ,
Motion Poster and other Promotional
Content which we kept posting throughout
• We received a total of 53,914 Tweets in the contest in the span of 7 Hours
• 27 Lakh TimeLine Deliveries
• 904 People Participated in the contest
• The Contest Reached 1.2 million People through various accounts
• The Graph depicting the total number of tweets and the timeline
deliveries on a frequency polygon curve.
• The combination of words maximum used in the contest.
• Sources from where the followers of the twitter contest are
• There was an average
of 28 Tweets received
• Here are the Top sources
from where the
contestants have arrived
for the Twitter Contest.
• The Hashtags used during the
Contest apart from
• #Contest, #Movieprediction
were the top hashtags used in
• The Most Popular Pages associated with the Twitter Contest were Kya
Dilli Kya Lahore, Contest In and Mintybay.
Most Popular Pages