Be the first to like this
For many years, B2C websites have received the lion’s share of attention from user experience (UX) professionals. Many well-known companies have proven that a well-tuned user experience is the difference between success and failure in a crowded marketplace. Your company's website experience is most often the first thing prospects see when evaluating your business, and B2B marketers now have access to time-tested UX techniques to separate themselves from the pack -- benefiting from higher lead conversions, lower abandonment rates, and lower training costs.
User Experience: The Ultimate Game Changer for Your Business
As part of SoCal BMA's “The Leading Edge" executive signature series, this presentation was delivered by UX expert Denis Lesak, Managing Partner and Co-Founder, UserBrite. He presented UX teardowns of B2B companies, highlighting techniques successful businesses are utilizing such as:
- user journey maps, schematic representations of the path a user will take through lifecycle stages, touchpoints, channels, interaction modes, emotional states, content and functionality.
- user personas, fictional characters created to represent the different user types that might use a site, brand, or product in a similar way.
- usability testing, a technique used in user-centered interaction design to evaluate a product by testing it on users.
- iterative design, a methodology based on a cyclic process of prototyping, testing, analyzing, and refining a product or process.
Attendee learned why:
- marketing jargon does not fit user expectations for navigation menus, ultimately increasing site abandonment.
- plotting your user's journey can increase conversions and change the way you think about how your site is structured.
- less is more -- how reducing both copy and visual noise increase conversions.
Visit http://www.SoCalBMA.org/Events to view our Events Calendar.