3. Increasing use of software incritical domains (e.g.,healthcare and security)4. Need for more detailedinsights on user behaviorvarianceWhy Load Testing is Gaining Popularity
What do these trends mean to you?Load testing is important!It helps you continuallyimprove your product andyour business.
Train More People inthe BasicsLoad testing needs tobe done morefrequently, moreeffectively, and moreefficiently.So, what do I need to do?
PrepareRecordTestAnalyzeLoad Testing: Easy as 1,2,3,4
1. Determine what youwant to learn aboutyour app.2. Approximate howmany concurrentusers may visit yoursite, and at what timeof day.Step 1: 8 Steps to Prepare Your AppTip: If you must run apost-production loadtest, schedule thosetests for a time whenactual users can beminimized oreliminated.
3. Study youranalytics, so you cancreate accuraterepresentative tests.4. Involve a number ofpeople in the testingeffort.Step 1: 8 Steps to Prepare Your App
5. Anticipate usageacross all browsers.6. Test yourproduction app, notjust in a stagedenvironment.Step 1: 8 Steps to Prepare Your App
7. Set aside time toanalyze results andmake changes.8. Plan an Agile testingmethodology.Step 1: 8 Steps to Prepare Your AppTip: Analytics are atester’s best friend!
Take a deep breath and relax! You’ve donemost of the heavy lifting.After These 8 Steps…..
Determine thetype of usersthat will visitthe site for usein the testBreak downthesescenarios by% of trafficVerify eachpossibilityindividuallyStart loadtesting!Create scenarios useful for bothdeploying and improving webapplications.Step 2: Recording Scenarios
Do• Set a duration for yourtest• Specify differentbrowsers/connectionbandwidth for differentusers• Send parallel requeststo the serverDo Not• Start all virtual users atonce• Play back a test withthe same recorded datafor each userStep 3: Testing, Made Real
The Most Important Results:0 Avg. Page Load Time (foreach scenario)0 Avg. Response Time0 Which error was generated &at what level of loadStep 4: Track & Learn
The Most Important Results:0 Amount of data going to &coming from the tested system0 Enumerated host sites &viewing all callsStep 4: Track & Learn
WebLoadUI helps simplify thearduous tasks that come with loadtesting0 “Continuous Load” Tab: Monitorsduration settings for you0 Parameterize: Helps with futuretests and different browsersThe Benefits of WebLoadUI
WebLoadUI helps simplify thearduous tasks that come withload testing0 Detects and SimulatesParallel Requests0 Set Load Profile: Allows youto increase virtual users overtimeThe Benefits of WebLoadUI
Find out more atSmartBear.com/WebLoadUIProKnowing how your applicationholds against massive load iskey to fixing those problems sothat you can continue getting,and keeping, high customersatisfaction.Let WebLoadUI handle theperformance, stress, scalability,and load testing of Webapplications so you can focus onother tasks at hand.
Are you trying to monitor yourweb application and websitesthrough load testing?SmartBear helps some of theworld’s best-known companieskeep their websites up-and-running.Find out more atSmartBear.com/WebLoadUIPro