The ultra-basics in 45m or less
Holly Ares Snyder
Who's it for?
● Any website!
● Scalable data tracking for all sites
● Designed for marketers to get traffic insights
● Free! Freely available to all. Why?
● Collects client side data with a cookie
● Sends data to google servers
● Tag all the things!
● Code on all pages. Recommend adding
code for link ID and demographics (where's
● If possible, install tracking for offsite clicks,
PDFs, other non-page stuff
● Get some basic filters
Setting good goals
● Ecommerce? This is easy....sort of.
● Not ecommerce?
o Engagement goals
o Contact goals
o Download goals
Common installation problems
1. Code in wrong place
2. Code not on all pages, or duplicated
3. Failure to tag key areas (ecomm,
4. Defective code (how to validate?)
● GA is 100% accurate (why not?)
● GA can be compared to other tools (why
● There will be a warning if I screw this up,
right? (Well, sometimes....)
Where do I START?
● Top level metrics
● Get comfortable with the basics
● Expand your range as you get comfortable
● But what's really important?
o Traffic trends
Got questions? Lots of questions?
● Setup and analysis services
● Training for all levels, onsite or on webinar
● Plus marketing, SEO, web development
Feel free to contact us: