Successfully reported this slideshow.
You’ve unlocked unlimited downloads on SlideShare!
BOOK • ENGLISH GRADE 5TH
AUTHOR • SOBIA KIYANI & ZAIRAH NAJIB
• SAKHAWAT HUSSAIN
• SAFDIR HUSSAIN
• APPLE EDUCATIONAL PRESS LAHORE-PAK
• JANUARY 2014
COPPIES • 211200
PRICE • 62.00
• Approved Punjab Ministry
• Developed National
• Aims to introduce to learners
Improving of language
Relevant skills for handling
• Provide guidelines to help teachers for
conducting such activities by keeping contextual
realities in view.
• Contains 13 units on different topics.
• Each unit exercise equally divided Reading
in parts that
are mentioned below:
• Reading material includes:
Helps to provide flexible strategies to
display their understanding by producing
well written texts for various purposes.
• Main objectives of the whole book are not given.
• Each of its unit contains objectives related to its
topic or theme.
• These objectives are written on title page of each
unit according to topic.
Demonstrate the use of common
and proper nouns.
Demonstrate use of has/have as
Comprehend questions to write
Demonstrate use of preposition.
Illustrate use of future tense.
Find opposite of words.
• Strengths of the English Grade 5th book
are divided into two parts:
With in the whole With in each
Cover page is colorful.
Normal font size, highlighted headings.
Relevant pictures related to topics.
Educational Quote by Founder of Pakistan is written.
National anthem is also written.
A little introduction of the book is also given.
Table of content with division of portions.
First unit starts with the topic "The Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
Journey to Taif”
Contains topics on religious aspects, Moral aspects, habitual
Each unit footer contain heading "FOR THE TEACHER" in which
activities related to grammar and language etc.
Activities are also given with in highlighted box shapes.
Each unit contains pictures related to its topic or theme.
Each unit has its own objectives on its title page.
Each unit contains two types of activities.
Guidelines for Teachers are also given with in each unit.
Each unit exercises are based on these headings:
Oral Communication Skills.
• Some of the noticeable weaknesses are also
present in it. Which may not directly affects its
reader but may be noticed by teacher
• The activities in each unit only contain questions,
lack of performing activities.
• No one can easily judge that it’s English Book by
its cover, it contain simple picture of girl busy in
Low or rough paper quality
• The content of this book meet the following
principles The creative principle:
In English Grade 5th book, the creative
principle is also present.
The whole book is colorfully designed.
Pictures are also there related to the topics which
enhance creativity, attraction and intelligence of
Activities are also mentioned in it which also
shows its creativity towards students.
• Child centered curriculum:
With the passage of time the students are
more Sharpe and intelligent, so the curriculum
designed according to the mental abilities and age
level of the student.
It contains all the authentic and relevant
material according to the needs of the 21st era.
• Vertical Articulation:
If we will compare the book of English Grade
5th with English Grade 4th then we may say that the
curriculum of Grade 5th is enhanced according to
the mental abilities of this grade level student.
Comparatively the units of Grade 5th are
more briefly explained.
• Horizontal Articulation:
The each unit in this book is beautifully
interlinked with one another.
Knowledge is given step by step to create a
better understanding of the book.
To enhance the intelligence of the student
each exercises is shifted from easy to complex
• Principle of preparation of life:
Now our education is totally dependent of
English Language. So the book is designed in
such a way that the better coaching can be helpful
in further studies and also helps individual in many
aspects of life.
• Principle of loyalty:
We will find units based on the knowledge of
Islam and National values which are helpful for
creating the sense of loyalty in the younger
• The cover page may be designed according to
the course of English.
• Fine paper may be used for the printing of book.
• Color pages may be used for making the book
• Glossary may be added at the end of each unit,
to make understanding easier for students.
• Repetition of material may be avoided.
• The main objectives of the book may be given.
• Book is designed beautifully to enhance the
intelligence of students and is more informative
as compare to our time of grade 5th.
• The units mentioned in the book strengthen the
loyalty with both religious and national aspects
• The authentic exercises are helpful to get better
output of a unit.
• The guidelines provide teaching strategies and
also help teachers develop professionally.
• Strengthen oral communication skills, and
prepared students for effective communication
with in the class, school and society.
• This book helps a lot in improving the
May. 23, 2021
Feb. 16, 2021
Nov. 2, 2018
Mar. 25, 2018
Aug. 20, 2017
Aug. 20, 2017
Jan. 17, 2017
May. 7, 2016
Oct. 12, 2015
Dec. 16, 2014
book review on Grade 5th English textbook for Punjab Board