• Scott Belsky is an American
entrepreneur and best-selling
• Best known for co-creating the
online portfolio platform, Behance,
Inc. In 2010.
• Behance is a platform to showcase and
discover photography, graphic design,
illustration, and fashion.
• A probable solution
• Anything that may simplify
a complex problem
• An alternate method
• Anything that may
We have so many
great ideas, but
most of them
never see the light
• The reason is that our own creative habits get in
• Schedule “windows of non-stimulation” every day.
• To aggregate all messages in a central location.
• Learn to say NO !.
Segment Projects To Three Primary Elements
Action steps are tasks that can be articulated
succinctly and begin with verbs.
Backburner items are ideas that come up during
brainstorming or while on the run and that are not
actionable but may be later on.
The articles, notes and other stuff that collect
Measure Meetings With Action Steps
• Meetings are extremely expensive considering
the cost of time and interruptions they represent.
• Beware of “posting meetings” or meeting
“just because it’s Monday.”
• A meeting that ends without any action steps should have been a
voice mail or email.
Reduce Your Insecurity Work
Insecurity work is stuff we do that
• has no definable outcome,
• does not move the ball forward in any way
• takes up so much time that we can do it multiple times a day without
• Becoming self-aware. Identify the insecurity
work in your daily life.
• The second step is to establish guidelines
and rituals for yourself that create discipline.
• The third step, if applicable, is to delegate
your insecurity tasks to a less insecure
colleague, who can review the data
periodically and report any concerns.
Most ideas are
abandoned at what we
can call the “project
plateau”: the point
excitement wanes and
the pain of deadlines
• Room 1: Rampant idea generation without any
• Room 2: Aggregate and organize ideas
generated in room.
• Room 3: Critical review.
• “What doesn’t make sense with
our current plan?”
• What external conditions may explain
• What internal factors may have
compromised your judgment
• Are there any gems in the unintended
• Show your ideas some respect, and
spend some energy improving
how you execute.
• If not for you, do it for everyone else
who will benefit from your ideas once
they actually see the light of it and
only then you can taste SUCCEES