Managing People For The First Time
- Ron Bracey
About the Book
Title : Managing People for the First Time
Author : Mr. Ron Bracey
Publisher: David Grant Publishing Limited
Pages : 92
Price : Rs.45/-
About the Author
• Ron Bracey is a clinical psychologist trainer
• He has management experience in both the
public and private sectors.
• He has many years experience of teaching
people how to work.
What is the Book About????
• It is written for all new managers who have
the responsibility of staff management upon
• This book helps in making an immediate
positive impact on the staff.
• It helps a person to hit the ground running in
the new managerial career.
DO YOU THINK YOU CAN MANAGE?
• What is your management task?
• Management Styles
• The power of thinking
• Understanding the politics
• Understanding the culture- get acclimatized
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING
• Understanding the basics
• Your value to the organisation
• Getting to know your staff
• The first big meeting
• Learning from your boss
• Crimes and misdemeanors
• Forging a winning team
• Making people hungry for success
• Leading from the front
• Managing former colleagues
• Managing people older than yourself
• Dealing with difficult people
DELIVERING TO THE BOTTOM LINE
• Monitoring your own performance
• Full-circle analysis
• Appraising others
• Get a quick overview from day one
• What to do if you get stuck
• Managing at a distance (home workers, etc..)
• Working with numbers
YOUR SUCCESSFUL FUTURE
• Doing and delegating
• What to delegate
• Planning training
• Personal development for you and your team
• Recognise stress
• Learn how to listen
• Master time
• Leave work at work
• If in doubt, ask!
• Learn from mistake
• Be true to yourself