2019 AFRICA ENTRY PACK
MARCH 05, 2019
JUNE 12, 2019
WHAT WE DO 3
4WATCH THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2018 AWARDS GALA
JOIN OUR ESTEEMED FINALISTS AND WINNERS
THE BENEFITS OF ENTERING THE AWARDS 7
THE JOY OF WINNING AN AWARD 8
OUR RULES TO ENTER 9
11HOW TO WRITE A COMPELLING ENTRY
2019 AWARDS CATEGORIES 12
WHEN? AND HOW MUCH
15WE’RE HERE TO HELP
WHAT WE DO
As the first and only global dedicated Employee Engagement Awards & Conference
business,we believe in inspiring & educating people to remake the way organisations
think about,and engage,people to achieve their purpose.
That's why we created and continue to improve the Employee Engagement Awards; to
champion best practice in engagement that inspires action and drives the industry and
the employee experience forward.
Our evolution has now enabled us to publish unique content and is creating a global
community of EE professionals to enable global collaboration.
In the space of under 4 years we have established our awards and conferences
across 4 continents.
Provides proof that your company is
investing in their people
Opportunities to showcase your work and
learn from others at our Awards & Conference
and provide thought-leadership in the
Employee engagement sector
Rewards all those people who work hard to
make the employee engagement programme
Network and interact with hundreds of HR
and engagement professionals at our
Provides your brand access to global and local
marketing platforms via online and offline
Shows you care about employee involvement in
the future of the business making you more
attractive as an employer as well as rewarding
THE BENEFITS OF ENTERING
NOW TO REGISTER AND ENTER
• All entries must be submitted using the official form or online entry system/official manual
entry form by noon March 5th, 2019. The Africa Employee Engagement Awards reserves the
right to extend the entry deadline as applicable.
• Work submitted must have taken place from anytime between January 2017 to December 2018.
• Organisations entering must be based in Africa, have directly employed staff in Africa, or
registered to operate in Africa. Both HQ and regional offices can enter.
• Entries must be submitted in English.
• The shortlisted entrants will be announced during April 2019.
• Up to 3 entries are free. Thereafter, see the fees in this pack. There is no limit to the number of
projects that you enter, providing that the same project is entered into different categories, for
instance an Innovation Entry can also be a Diversity & Inclusion Entry. It is also possible for
different projects from the same organisation to be entered in a single category.
• Entrants agree to co-operate fully with the judges and their representatives as part of the judging
• Category Finalists will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony on June 12, 2019 in
Johannesburg. Tickets for the Awards Ceremony are discounted for category finalists
• The Africa Employee Engagement Awards and the sponsoring organisations take no
responsibility for incidental costs incurred by entrants.
• By entering The Africa Employee Engagement Awards, you agree for your logo to be used on all
related websites and marketing materials when needed.
• The decision of the judges is final, and no further correspondence will be considered. Due to the
volume of entries, we cannot always provide individual feedback on entries and reserve the right
not to do so.
• Consultants entering on behalf of a client organisation must gain the organisation’s written
consent before completing the official entry form. Consultants are advised to clarify the position
with respect to intellectual property with their clients in advance of entering. We recommend
that the client be notified of dates for attending the conference and awards evening.
• EEA is not responsible for verifying ownership of content submitted by individuals or
organisations in respect of Awards entries. EEA will use reasonable means to verify and clarify
content or results of any shortlisted entries where we deem this necessary
• The name of the entering organisation will always be used as the name referred to in all
appropriate marketing communications, unless a nominated organisation has been stated, in
which case the nominated organisation will be the name referred to. This will also apply to Award
trophies and certificates, should these be relevant.
• By entering The Africa Employee Engagement Awards you agree for your logo to be used on all
related websites and marketing materials when needed.
• The Africa Employee Engagement Awards can promote the case studies entered after clarifying
which data is sensitive and should be excluded.
• The prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternative will be offered.
• All gala award bookings are non-refundable. Conference bookings are refundable within 4
weeks of the event, or tickets can be transferred to colleagues.
• The Africa Employee Engagement Awards and the sponsoring organisations may use footage
(photos and video clips) of the judging day, conference and Awards presentation as they see
• All shortlisted finalists have the right to promote themselves as an Award finalist. The Employee
Engagement Awards will provide each shortlisted organisation with the relevant copy and
artwork. EEA has the right to request copy approval before publication if the copy we provide is to
OUR RULES TO ENTER
Human Rights Lawyer,
Business Owner, Board Chair
and Non-Executive Board
Group Executive Human
Resources, Pick n Pay
CEO, Green Building
Council South Africa
DR JERRY GULE
CEO, Institute of People
CEO of EXP. Africa-wide
Director: Group Human
Chief Marketing Officer,
Standard Bank Group
CEO, FP&M SETA
BRIGITTE DA GAMA
Chief People Officer,
McDonald’s South Africa
PROFESSOR SHIRLEY ZINN
Extraordinary Professor at UP’s
Department of HRM, and
Adjunct Professor at UCT
Business Founder, Board
Chair and Non-Executive
Group CEO Net#work
VP People, ABInBev
Veteran Journalist and
Former Group Editor-in-
Chief: Independent News
Risk and Environmental
HOW TO WRITE A COMPELLING ENTRY
BE A COMPELLING STORY TELLER
Make sure you tell the story. Be clear and concise.
Remember our judges don’t know you,your business or
your project and you only have 1,500 words to not only
explain to but wow them. You can enter up to three
Plain English enables judges to clearly understand all
sections of the entry,with no confusion or
BUSINESS CASE – TANGIBLE RESULTS
Indicate how the project links to Employee Engagement
for the betterment of the business. Set out what the goals
of the campaign were and ensure that you provide
credible proof that you delivered,or even surpassed those
goals. A clear ROI will always be seen in a positive light by
BRING IT TO LIFE
Do you have any materials that can bring the entry to life?
Make it more real & human? Videos; images; leaflets;
websites & testimonials.
2019 AWARDS CATEGORIES
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR AWARD
INNOVATION IN ENGAGEMENT AWARD
PRESENTED BY IE BUSINESS SCHOOL
BEST USE OF TECHNOLOGY AWARD
SMB EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT COMPANY OF THE YEAR AWARD
(15-200 AND 200-800 EMPLOYEES)
MAJOR CORPORATE EE CO OF THE YEAR (800+)
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT PUBLIC SECTOR COMPANY OF THE YEAR AWARD
CUSTOMER & EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE AWARD
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AWARD
Presented by FP&M Seta
2019 AWARDS CATEGORIES
LEARNERSHIPS & SKILLS AWARD
EMPLOYEE ‘THUMA MINA’ AWARD
SUSTAINABILITY AWARD – ENGAGED EMPLOYEES ADDRESSING
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT NON-PROFIT OF THE YEAR AWARD
EMPLOYEE REWARD & RECOGNITION AWARD
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AWARD
INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS AWARD/EMPLOYEE BRAND AWARD
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT CONSULTANCY/VENDOR OF THE YEAR
THE EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT COMPANY OF THE YEAR AWARD
(ALL CORPORATE FINALISTS WILL BE ASSESSED FOR THE EE COMPANY
OF THE YEAR AWARD)
PRESENTED BY N2GROWTH
ENTRIES OPEN OCTOBER 22, 2018
ENTRIES DEADLINE MARCH 5. 2019
FINALISTS ANNOUNCED APRIL 2019
INDABA AND WORKSHOP JUNE 11, 2019
AWARD CEREMONY JUNE 12, 2019
CONFERENCE JUNE 12, 2019
ENTRIES TO THE AWARDS (UP TO 3) FREE
EACH ENTRY OVER 3 - CORPORATE ENTRIES R2 000 excl. VAT
EACH ENTRY OVER 3 - SMME/PUBLIC ENTITIES R1 000 excl. VAT
EACH ENTRY OVER 3 - CONSULTANCY/VENDORS R1 000 excl. VAT
EACH ENTRY OVER 3 - THUMA MINA AWARD R300 excl. VAT
AWARDS ENTRY PRICING
WHEN? AND HOW MUCH?
CONFERENCE TICKET R1 800 excl. VAT
SINGLE AWARDS GALA SEAT R3 995 excl. VAT
EARLY BIRD AWARDS GALA TABLE
(DEADLINE MARCH 10 2019)
R33 995 excl. VAT
FINALIST AWARDS GALA TABLE R39 995 excl. VAT
NON-FINALIST AWARDS GALA TABLE R45 995 excl. VAT
GALA AND CONFERENCE PRICING
Or contact us on
SA Landline: +27 (0) 11 750 9536
Physical Address: 1 Glenhove Rd,Melrose Estate,Johannesburg,
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
• BECOME A SPONSOR
• EXHIBIT AT OUR CONFERENCE
• JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
• ENTRY PROCESS