If you are like us, you would rather chop off your leg than listen to a lawyer talking about shareholder agreements, articles of association, drag along and tag along, pre-emption rights and the rest...
But, when you take on investors, you need to update the setup of your company...
...if you don't, this will cause problems later as your business grows.
By the end of this slide show you will have a getter understanding of which documents you need to update, and how to get the company setup right before you pitch investors without the legal bill, to give you and the investors the optimum level of protection, without wanting to chop off your leg too.
1. You need to get the investment terms right
2. You need to determine the voting rights of investors.
3. You need to issue the right type of shares to get full tax efficiency
4. You need to plan how to protect yourself when an exit happens
5. You need to pitch in a compliant way without breaking the law.
Tweet @BankToTheFuture if you have more questions.