By most measures, email marketing continues to provide the highest ROI of all marketing channels. However, the explosion of social media and mobile, changing consumer uses of communications and overloaded inboxes dictate that email marketers must take their program to a higher level in 2010 and beyond.
Increasing customer engagement is the most critical strategy that email marketers must focus on in this changing environment. With most companies faced with limited resources, where should your efforts be focused in 2010? This session presented at the eMA conferenc in San Fracisco on April 22, 2020, makes the case for a number of initiatives and tactics; provides both good and bad examples; and recommended best practices that attendees can put into practice. Areas covered included:
• Preference centers and data collection
• Welcome email programs
• Incorporating user-generated content, reviews and recommendations
• Frequency and value-add message streams
• Behavior and event-triggered emails
• Remarketing and shopping cart abandonment emails