• Develops Professional Services Automation Software (PSA)
• Trains clients to use the Promys application
• Provides customer support
• Modular, Web based Application
• Allows customers to manage their clients, resources and projects
• Provides integration of a company’s divisions
• Learning programming languages, tools and security rules
used in the company
• Testing, reporting and documenting software bugs
• Solving known problems
• Optimizing existing forms
• Adding forms to the application
• Participating in bi-weekly company meetings
1st year student at OCAD University
Majoring in Graphic Design
First Year Graphic Design Student
Internships and Creative
Freedom in the Workplace
…and the stuff it can lead to
A Sampling of Design
Digital Vector Graphic
Ice Queen Series [2/3]
What is Apple?
Digital Vector Graphics
Questions? Need a Graphic Designer?
You can contact me at
Graphic Design | Motion Graphics
Layouts | Custom Device Skins
Typography | Video Editing
Grade 12 student, Milton
Competitive Robotics Designer
1st year UWaterloo
Honors Mechatronics Program
Schulich Leader Scholarship Winner
I T ’ S N O T A B O U T W H O Y O U K N O W ,
I T ’ S A B O U T W H O K N O W S Y O U
The Importance of Networking
First year Mechatronics Engineering Student
Started applying for jobs 2nd week of school
Needed to find a way to stand out
Why Networking is Awesome
University of Waterloo holds many networking
I attended all the events I found most intriguing
I made connections, NOT handing out resumes
People hire people
My Co-op Term so Far
I’m an Automation Engineer at Camcor Mfg.
Got more in depth experience with Solidworks,
AutoCAD, and PLCs
Experienced working on all the aspects of a project
• Founded in 2003 as Simply Audiobooks
– Originally a CD audiobook rental service by mail
(e.g. Netflix 1.0)
• Launched Audiobooks.com in 2011
– A digital audiobook subscription service focusing
on both mobile and telematics technology
A digital subscription service allowing customers to instantly Stream and
Download from over 60K Audiobooks of their choice
How We Do It
60K+ Audiobook Titles
Partnerships With All Major Publishers
Cultivated content partnerships enable
expansive +60k audiobook library
• Partnerships across all major publishers
• Access to 99% of NY Times Best-Sellers list (for
the past 10 years)
• Over 200 different publishing partners
Content Partnerships Technology Partnerships
Distribution & Technology Solutions
Strategic growth efforts with proven
success through partnerships
• Both thin and embedded client applications
available to partners
• +2,000,000 downloads and counting of the
Audiobooks.com mobile applications
with a focus on emerging
Who We Are
A corporation driving for success while providing a culture
that fosters creativity, inspires the motivated, and
challenges the driven. All on the foundation of 4 principal
As much as I like to
read code, have …
• Demo site
• Video demo
What we look for …
• Past Experience
But I’m a recent grad!?
• Who you follow?
• What Groups are you a part of?
• Prof recommendations?
Will review your
• Try to find out your interests,
doesn’t have to be just tech
• Inappropriate posts?
Are you an explorer or
have the ‘hacker’
Are you an explorer or have
the ‘hacker’ mentality?
• Do you try to break things and then
• Do you question how things work?
• Do you question why something
was done a certain way?
• Do you envision a better way to do
Manager, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Are you 15 – 29, returning to school in the fall?
Interested in entrepreneurship?
Work for the best boss
this summer – YOU!
Integrated Job Developer, Employment Services
Information / Local Labour Market
Job Fairs (next Apr.14/15)
Training & Incentive Programs
Resume Critique Services
Youth Job Strategy (Ontario.ca)
Integrated Job Developer
Not-for-Profit Community Employment Resource
Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG)
Up to $15,000 per person for training
Youth Employment Fund (YEF)
2 yr. program – Placed 26,582 youth (85% ret.)
Closes March 31/15
“There are more than 35 government programs to help youth build
skills, find a job or start a business”
How can we make it
easier for students and
employers to connect?
Tech Under 20 Perspectives
1. What are the challenges you have faced while
looking for internship opportunities?
2. How do you currently find out about
internships? Where do you look?
3. What would make it easier for you to find
Do you have any questions that someone here
would be able to answer for you?
1. What types of skills, abilities, interests or
qualities would you be looking for in a tech-
2. What are the challenges you have faced while
looking for interns?
3. Have you tapped into the skills and ideas of
Do you have any questions for the students who
are here today?
Government Rep and Educator
1. What do you need that you don’t have
that would make it easier to connect
students and employers?
Accurate & Early Breast Cancer
NAVEED NAZIR, CEO
[mobile] 647 232 8232
Value to Silicon
Estimated age-standardized rates per 100,000
Global Breast Cancer Incidence & Mortality
collaborative workshop to bring Silicon Halton members together to
brainstorm industry solutions we could potentially go to market with!
April 14, 2015 | 7:00 pm
Milton Education Village