MACROECONOMICS TENTH MALAYSIA PLANCHAPTER 5 : DEVELOPING AND RETAINING A FIRST WORLD TALENT BASE
Introduction This chapter of Tenth Malaysia Plan is about developing and revamping a world talent base which is more concentrate to education towards the students and the teachers, especially to the principal. This approach will nurture and develop Malaysians across their entire lifecycle, from early childhood education, basic education, tertiary education and all the way to their adult working lives, specifically by: 1. Revamping the education system to significantly raise student outcomes; 2. Raising the skills of Malaysians to increase employability; and 3. Reforming the labour market to transform Malaysia into a high-income nation.
REVAMPING THE EDUCATION SYSTEM TOSIGNIFICANTLY RAISE STUDENT OUTCOMES 4 STRATEGY TO SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE STUDENT PERFORMANCE : 1. Ensure every child can succeed by setting the high expectations. 2. Hold schools accountable for changes in student outcomes by provide guided autonomus to schools. 3. Invest in great leaders for every school to change through the robust performance and extensive training based on student outcomes. 4. Attract and develop top talent in the teaching profession in order to recruit top talent, improve the quality of practicum training and put in place rigious performance managment.
A) Ensuring Every Child Can Succeed Providing a stronger head-start for more children Expanding pre-school erolment and improving quality Lowering entry age for schooling Ensuring literacy and numeracy Uploading Bahasa Melayu and strengthening English proficiency
B) Holding schools Accountable for Changes in Student Outcomes Lifting performance of all school with a comprehensive school improvement programes Raising standards to international levels with the high performing schools (HPS) programmeC) Invensting in Great Leaders for Every School Introducing the Bai’ah or new deal for head teachers and principles Enhacing support and coaching for head teachers and principles
D) Attracting and developing Top Talent in Teaching Significantly improving the quality of new teachers recruits Making teaching the profession of choice Improving teacher training through an enhanced component Removing guaranteed placement of trainees Traditioning to a full “open eyes” of teachers training Lifting the quality of currents teachers to deliver outstanding education through a new deal for all teachers Implementing a competency based career track with faster progression Delivering tailored Continuous Professional Development for career progression Launching a new instrument and process for teachers evaluation and assessment
E) Transforming the effectiveness of Delivery Delivering services line Implementing a new curriculum Private pre-school and basic education Public-private partnership in developing pre-school Private pre-school in basic education
REFORMING THE LABOUR MARKET TO TRANSFORM MALAYSIA INTO A HIGH INCOME NATION The Focus of Reform will be on three key areas: 1. Making the labour market more flexible 2. Upgrading the skills and capabilities of Malaysias existing workforce 3. Enhancing Malaysias ability to attract and retain top talent
1. MAKING LABOUR MARKET MORE FLEXIBLE • Revising legal and institutional framework to provide flexibility in hiring and firing • Enhancing employment service to improve job mobility • Reforming unskilled foreign labour policy • Encouraging greater participation in the workforce
2. UPGRADING THE SKILLS AND CAPABILILTIES OF THE EXISTING WORKFORCE • Encouraging cost sharing for training. • Leveraging the industry to up skill the workforce • Upgrading and broading access to community colleges
3. ATTRACTING AND RETAINING TALENT • Simplifying procedures and providing better incentives to attract.
Raising the skills of Malaysians to increase employability 1. Mainstreaming and broadening access to 2. Enhancing the competencies quality technical education and vocational of tertiary graduates to prepare training(TEVT) them for entering the labour market
1. How to focus on mainstreaming and broadening access to a quality TEVT Streamlining delivery of Upgrading TEVT(strong Improving and learning the Developing harmonizing environment,perception of highly TEVT information TEVT and effective curriculum for new attracting instructor quality in line recruitmentmore trainees with industry performance, requirement productive contribution)
2. Enhancing the competencies of tertiary graduates to prepare them for entering the labour market Providing greater autonomy in Enhancing the universities such competencies of as: Strengtheningtertiary graduates performance to prepare them ~ Funding culture in for entering the ~ Faculty universities labour market ~ Governance ~ Admission
conclusion Achieving a globally competitive and innovation-led economy requires a systematic and comprehensive approach to nurturing, attracting and retaining top talent for the nation. Technical education and vocational training will be mainstreamed, and tertiary education will be significantly upgraded via greater institutional autonomy and performance management, with the ultimate focus towards enhancing graduate employability and job mobility.
OPINION AND COMMENTS1. Challenges to achieve developed country on 2020.2. Readiness, as Malaysian citizen toward 10 Malaysia Plan achievement.