Trade Shows Don't Have To Be Expensive -- creating an effective trade show display for less
Trade Shows Don’t Have To
Be Expensive -- Creating
An Eﬀective Trade Show
Display For Less
Siegel Display Products
A Great Trade Show Display
• You don’t need to spend a lot to
have an excellent showing at your
next convention. There are many
options which can help you
represent your company well
without using up your entire
• By making the most of your space and your available
resources, you can have a great result and spend half as
much as your competitors.
• The key to being cost eﬀective and high-impact is
understanding your space.
• Work with what you have, not what you’d ideally
like. Consider how your visitors will view the
• Plan your exact booth arrangement ahead of time.
If you’re worried that your booth will look sparse,
choose an inexpensive freestanding addition,
something like a banner stand or sign.
Managing A Small Space
• If your budget is tight, having limited display
space is a blessing. You can use an inexpensive
table top display to great eﬀect.
• Simply ensure that your table top display is well
designed and avoid overwhelming your visitors
with too much information. Supplement with
brochures wherever you can so that your visitors
can refer back to your company once they’ve gone
Inexpensive Ways To Draw Attention
• If you’re dealing with a large,
crowded trade show, you need to
stand out from the crowd
without breaking your budget.
Start with an important basic,
if possible. Update your current
trade show display.
• Add on inexpensive elements like a banner stand or
• Consider advertising elsewhere in the convention, such
as in the program.
Testing Your Display Outside
• Some conventions allow you to
actually use outdoor signs or
sidewalk signs to advertise.
• These signs are inexpensive and
provide great bang for your buck.
Try attaching balloons and using
bright images for the biggest impact.
• You can often reuse these displays after the convention.
Try putting them outside your store or oﬃce. Just be
sure to check any government regulations on signage
before you start using them.
Convenience And Budget Savvy
• Pop up displays are great money savers because they
allow the booth to be set up by just one person.
• Pop ups literally pop up, requiring an absolute
minimum of set up. Fewer staﬀ means more savings.
• Although these displays are simple to assemble, they
are also high impact. They draw attention just like a
booth with a more extensive set up requirement.
• The average pop up display is more expensive than a
table top display, but economical considering its size
• Shipping costs are a
surprisingly large portion of
most convention expenses.
• Smaller displays can actually
be checked with luggage if
traveling by plane.
• Folding displays or
particularly small exhibits can
be transported via car, saving
both travel fees and shipping.
Do-It-Yourself Display Shipping
• If you’re transporting your display
on your own, be careful! It can save
money if you do it right, but it could
cost more in the long run if you
damage your display.
• Keep displays from being crushed
during transport. That means packing them securely if
they’re being shipped via a company or put on a plane
as luggage. It also means ensuring safe packing if you’re
taking it in your car.
Streamlining Set Up
• Another way to cut costs it to ensure set up runs
• Establish a plan for the beginning of the convention.
Know which employee is responsible for set up
beforehand. Know how long it takes, and know what
is most likely to go wrong. Don’t forget to take the
• If you need more people to set up, don’t leave yourself
short handed. The money you save by not hiring
another pair of hands is not worth a struggle to get
Putting It All Together
• Streamlined set up, careful
planning and low cost shipping
will cut the price of your trade
• In addition, everything that cut costs will also help
you stay less stressed. With everything planned out,
there’s nothing to worry about - and you know
you’ve saved money.
• Save, relax and enjoy the beneﬁts of a great
About Siegel Display Products
Siegel Display Products has been providing customers
with high quality trade show displays, literature displays,
sign holders, and other products alongside amazing
customer service for over 40 years. Based in
Minneapolis, Minnesota, the company has thousands of
products and can provide customers with personalized
product packages and special pricing quotes. Visit their
website at http://www.siegeldisplay.com