For most businesses, thinking through these potential
scenarios, whether PR Crisis situations, or simply day-to-day operational issues does five key things:
1. It helps get to the root of people’s concerns and fears
about social initiatives and open a discussion about the
potential of social business practices.
2. Discussions uncover both alignment and conflict around
how the people in your business would approach different
situations brought about by social media and social
3. Scenario modeling provides a foundation for social media
guidelines and governance as well as process design and
the cultural and organizational shifts needed to make
social both less risky and more effective for the long term.
4. The company takes a proactive stance on necessary
change, thinking through situations before they happen
instead of waiting for a scenario that compels reactive
5. Hypothetical decision making can improve real-time
decision making and establish some consistency around
the decision-making process within an organization.
Here’s the basic framework for Social Scenario Modeling™,
and some ideas you can put to work today in your