Sterlite Technologies ltd
Sales turnover- 3030 cr.
Total Assets- 2795 cr.
Product Range –
1. Telecom Products- Optical fiber cables , Data Cables.
2. Power Products- Power conductors, Power
Cables(MV,HV and EHV cables),OPGW(Optical ground
Telecom and Power Service-Fully Integrated Service
Strength- It is the country’s only fully integrated optical
fiber manufacturer and one of the biggest suppliers of the
Finolex Cables Ltd
Sales Turnover- 2449 cr.
Total Assets – 1316 cr.
1. Light Duty Cables-Electrical Wires , Auto Cable, Winding
wires, Flexible industrial Cables etc.
2. Power and Control Cables- LV and HV cables.
3. Communication Cables – OFC, Lan Cables, CCTV cable ,
Co-axial Cable etc.
Finolex Cables is the only Superbrand Cable company in
India. It has received Superbrand Status for the 3rd
Diamond Power Infrastructure ltd
Sales turnover- 2422 cr.
Total Assets -2724 Cr.
1. Flexible Wires and Cables- Single and Multi Core.
2. Power and Control Cables-UHV cables ,LV and HV
Strength – Power and Control Cables- One of india’s top
five Power Cable manufacturer.
KEI Industries ltd
Sales Turnover- 2030 Cr.
Total Assets – 679 cr.
1. EHV Cables , HT cables , LT cables , Instrumentation
Cables , Rubber Cables , solar Cables, Marine and
2. Control Cables- Armoured and Unarmoured PVC control
Strength- High and low tensions Cables.
Universal Cables Ltd
Sales Turnover: 694 Cr.
Total Assets : 451 cr.
1. XLPE cables – EHV , MAV , LV and Aeriel Bunched
2. PVC cables- Power and Control Cables ,Winding Wire
and Flat Motor Leads.
3. Elastromic Cables
Strength- Power and Control Cables-EHV XLPE cables
upto 500 KV using VCV line.
Wires and cables sector basically
consists of two areas: power and
Power/Industrial cables – Power and control cables(LV,
HV , EHV) ,HT cables , LT cables , Armoured and
Unarmoured PVC control Cables, XLPE cables ,
elastromic or rubber cables.
Communication Cables: Optical fiber cables , Data
Cables, OFC, Lan Cables, CCTV cable , Co-axial Cable .
Drivers and Challenges
1. Upgrade of transmission and distribution network
2. Large investment in Telecom Sector
3. Focus on Power Sector
4. Growing Urbanization
5. Robust Industrialization
1. Rising cost of raw materials.
2. Increase in competition.
3. Safety Hazards
Telecom Cable Market Segmentation
According to “India Telecom Cable Market Forecast &
Opportunities, 2019”, the telecom cable market in
India is forecast to reach US$ 354 million by 2019.
Indian telecom cables market segmentation:
1. Polyethylene Insulated Jelly Filled (PIJF) cable.
2. Optical Fiber cable.
3. Community Access TV (CATV) cable segment.
Optical Fiber cables dominated the market, holding
majority revenue share. The segment is expected to
continue dominating through the forecast period
due to rising demand for high speed data
Power Sector Market Segmentation
Power cables are PVC or PE clad
Power cables are of 3 types depending on the intensity
- Low tension, Medium tension and High tension
Power cable industry in India had eyed an estimated
Rs 50 billion market to unfold in 2012 and is
currently growing at steady rate and is expected to
post a CAGR of 16.8% during 2014-2019.
Few more mentions:
RR kabel ltd, Havells India ltd, Anchor Electricals ltd,
Apar Industries Ltd.
Top Foreign Companies:
1. Prysmian Group
3. Summitomo electrical industries
4. General Cable