• Our Loyalty Program
• Benefits and Features
• Loyalty Card Maintenance
• The Lifecycle of a Loyalty Card
• Transaction Flow
• Terminal Requirements
• Card Options
• Card Transactions
• Administration Transactions
• Reporting Advantage
Our Loyalty Program
Konnet’s point-based loyalty program enables merchants to define programs
that automatically award a stored value on the card every time the merchant-
designated point threshold is reached.
Benefits & Features
Our loyalty program merchants increase customer spending and repeat visits while
accumulating valuable customer information that the merchant can use to market to
• Replaces paper punch cards
• More secure and less subject to fraud because payments are processed through your
• More versatile – define up to unlimited loyalty programs: Ex: one for everyday,
another for special days/periods
• More upscale – standard and custom card designs – “a billboard in your customer’s
wallet & Mobile Phone”
• Increases traffic - motivates customers to return frequently
• Builds loyalty and preference for your business over your competitors
• Card accounting, extensive reporting versus manual or no accounting for paper punch
• Instant updates, real-time reporting
• Konnect is pioneer for loyalty management in
• Konnect solutions that meets requirements of
customers and enhances their Business .
• More Reliability, More Flexibility and Ease of
• High quality deliverables
• On-Time, On-Budget project delivery
• 100% maintenance & Support guarantee
Step 1 customer
Step 2 Customer
Step 3 Customer
The Sales Phase
Step 4 Customer
Merchants manage their loyalty programs
using Online Web portal or Local Computer:
• Review, modify and manage individual loyalty
• Input cardholder information for targeted
• Award signup bonus with first use
• Award point bonus if cardholder provides
• Product based points to promote special
• Happy Hour points.
• Referral Points
Loyalty Card Maintenance
Life Cycle of a Loyalty Card
1. The initial card status of a loyalty card is Inactive.
2. After the first Accumulate transaction, the card status is Active. Sign-up bonus points are
added during this transaction, if defined in the program.
3. Points are added with each Accumulate transaction.
4. You can add or update cardholder information at any time using Reporting. cardholder
information bonus points, if specified in your Program Definition, are added to the card
after you enter and save the cardholder information.
5. Each time the reward threshold is reached (as defined in the program), the specified
reward amount is added to the card's reward balance. The reward balance may be used
to purchase or redeem goods/services.
6. If the cardholder doesn't want the card anymore (or if the merchant has a policy of
collecting depleted cards), the card may be deactivated and reissued to a new
cardholder. Once a deactivated card is reissued, the status changes to Active and a new
history is started.
7. If a card is damaged, lost or stolen, the balance may be transferred to a different card
and the old card can be cancelled. Once a card is cancelled, it may not be used again.
Loyalty Card Transaction Flow
The loyalty card transaction is
sent from the terminal to
Head Office or Local Server.
The Stratus server sends the
request to the loyalty card
Loyalty Card Host
The loyalty card host processes
the transaction and sends a
response back to the terminal.
Loyalty Card Terminal Requirements
The loyalty program is supported on:
• Omni terminals with retail or restaurant software
• Data Base Integration with POS Software to ensure Smooth
Loyalty cards work only at your locations.
Loyalty Card Options
Standard Card Orders
Predesigned cards that allow 2 lines of merchant information, such as store name, phone or
address. Shipped in 2-3 weeks.
Custom Card Orders
Custom designed using the merchant’s logo, artwork, or photography. Turn around time is
approximately 2-3 weeks after final proof approval for production and delivery.
Custom designed digital card using the merchant’s logo, artwork, or photography. Turn around
time is approximately one minute after final proof approval for production and delivery.
Loyalty Card Transactions
Add Points to a Card
Enter the points for purchase. Receipt shows the new point
balance and reward balance.
Void Points on a Card
Correct an error or reduce points for a return.
To Purchase Using the Loyalty Card
Redeem reward balance for multiple purchases until balance
is zero or more rewards are earned.
Provide card balance information.
Loyalty Card Administrative Transactions
Transfer Card Balance
Use to replace lost, stolen or damaged cards, or consolidate
cards, without losing previous card balances.
Use to upgrade card with existing basic card to a
Use to clear and re-use cards, which can reduce card costs.
Use to cancel a damaged or fraudulent card, or cancel the
“old” card(s) after a Transfer Card Balance.
Batch Reports - Loyalty card totals and detail assist daily balancing on the POS
• Real-time loyalty data, available 24/7
• Customer/Merchant/Terminal Activity reporting for multiple locations
• Card List Detail with point and reward balances
• Card Balance History shows card history
• Transaction Detail by type and date range
• Monthly Statements – Includes separate totals and fees for loyalty cards
For card balance and history, visit: www. Yourwebsite.com
Loyalty Card Summary
All the benefits of Konnect card programs
• Secure, durable, attractive cards
• Reduced risk of fraud
• Cost effective permanent card
• Upscale appearance promotes your business
• Cardholder information
• Analysis of cardholder trends for targeted offers
• Great customer service
• Comprehensive card accounting and Web-based reporting
• Level, date range, detail and summary reports
• Transaction detail for resolving inquiries