Nowadays many new emerging innovative
materials are being invented and many new
materials are being in research . New
innovative thinking and new invention is
necessary to save our valuable time and
energy. Some of the innovative materials are
Translucent concrete is a concrete based
building material with light transmissive
properties due to embedded light optical
It is usually made of Optical fiber.
According to the concretes manufacturers,
the optical fibers make up only 4 percent of
The light transmitting property makes them
appear fresh, open and spacious.
o If you walk across your kitchen
floor to get something from the
refrigerator, the floor twinkles
with lighted path that guides your
way through the dark room.
o The concrete of the tiles is
embedded with acrylic fiber-optic
channels that transfer light from
one point to another.
o As shadows move across
Terrazzo's surface, the light
channels flicker with a
• Can be applied anywhere in attic
space of house
• Keeps heat out in summer, warmth
in during winter
• Usually made of aluminum
Solar Panel Roofing Tiles
• Transform the sun’s
energy into useable
electricity to power your
• Receive rebates from
the government for
Ultra Touch Jeans Insulation
Jean is recycled through some
process and it can be used for roofing
It is light weight and this method
reduces landfill waste.
• This European-designed material
incorporates a source of electricity
directly into tables and chairs.
• If Two metal layers are pressed
between the wood of the furniture,
making it possible to pass an
electrical current through the whole
• The 12-volt power is fed to the
metal layers via one connector, and
lamps, and other devices can be
connected via the other.
• The Flexicomb's name describes it quite well. Designed by PadLab's Dan
Gottleib while he was still an undergraduate at the Yale School of
Architecture, the Flexicomb is a flexible honeycomb matrix, which can be
used to build lighting fixtures, furniture and sculptural installations.
KINETIC GLASS (Living Glass)
• It is made of a cast silicone that has been
slit and embedded.
• The surface is embedded with wires that
contract due to electrical stimulus . This
contraction causes the slits or gills to
• The Living glass uses these
microprocessors rather than motors to
collect information about the
• The gills would open to allow airflow
when needed thus maintaining a healthy
air status quality
UNFIRED CLAY BRICKS:
• Unfired bricks are created using
earth materials and are airdried instead of fired like
• It is Eco-friendly and with
• This has the benefit of
reducing the energy used in
manufacturing and increases
strength and decreases
• It is a dense material made
from partially recycled paper
and phenolic resin.
• 70 percent of the material is
made with recycled paper.
• It has a very high strength
and has resistance to High
temperature up to 350 F .
• Carbon fiber is made up of carbon
strands that are thinner than
human hair. The strands can be
woven together, like cloth, and
then that can be molded to any
shape you might want.
• Carbon fiber is an extremely
strong, lightweight material.
• It's five times as strong as steel,
two times as stiff, yet weighs about
SELF REPARING CEMENT
• A new self-healing cement is currently
being developed which has the ability
to repair its own cracks.
• This cement is mixed with
microcapsules that release a glue-like
epoxy resin that will automatically
repair any cracks that form in the
sidewalk or roadway.
• In addition this cement will have the
ability to regulate heat.
• The material is a lightweight and
has the same load bearing capacity
of cement, but is made of recycled
• Liquid Granite is not only fireresistant beyond 1,100 degrees
Celsius , It can also withstand high
temperatures for longer periods .
• It has Moisture resisting properties.
• A new type of fiber-reinforced bendable concrete
• This new concrete is around 500 times more resistant
to cracking than regular.
• The fibers slide within the concrete when bending
occurs, providing it with enough give to prevent
These new emerging building materials should be
replaced with the old ones to improve and helps
in Recycling of the materials and save energy and
make our country pollution free. If These
materials these materials are used in
construction we can save time , money and
energy . So more new innovative materials should
be created and make construction of the building
simpler with more strength.