VISION<br />To develop TATA into a world class <br />Indian car brand for innovative<br /> and superior value vehicles <br />
Mission<br /><ul><li> To be the most admired multi-national Indian</li></ul> company producing vehicles that people love to buy <br /><ul><li> To create an organization that people enjoy </li></ul>working for doing business with and investing in <br />
Pricing strategy<br />Though the one lakh price tag is not fixed by TATA group, it was the word of mouth of people which fixed that range. This expectation of people creates a big challenge for the company. To accept this challenge the following strategies are followed:-<br />Target costing method<br />Penetration pricing<br />Low pricing policy with minimum profit margin.<br />
Promotion<br /> * Enough use of one of the most important element of promotion mix , publicity reduces the necessity of other promotional devices for nano. Nano got publicity in the following ways:-<br /><ul><li>* Publicity as “One lakh car” by mouth to mouth.
* Internet will be a major media for advertising.</li></li></ul><li> * For other type of promotional activities ,cost factor that is 1 lakh price tag is to be keep in mind, TATA is going to launch its nano mobile for indicom user, nano watches , nano T-shirts available in Westside stores .<br /> *Advertising:- TV & other mass media will be less effective, thus too much money will not be invested in this regard . Mainly word of mouth advertising will get more emphasis<br />
<ul><li>Online buzz:-Nanohas gone beyond the traditional methods of advertising and promotion online .
TATA have a blog on the official website where they have been discussing quite interesting topics and generally maintaining an active community</li></li></ul><li>distribution<br /><ul><li>TATA, it’s business has been extended to the overseas i.e. to the Europe, Africa, U.S & Australia.
Hence it has n-number of showrooms in India & outside of India.
The exclusive showrooms are the best distribution channels for TATA itself.</li></li></ul><li>Price<br />Mileage<br />Style<br />Brand Name<br />First Innovation<br />Strengths<br />Fiber Body <br />Low Suspension <br />Light Weight <br />Not Suitable for Hilly Areas <br />Delay due to Singur<br />Weakness<br />
Opportunities<br /><ul><li> Bikers can be motivated
Auto rickshaw & second hand market</li></ul>Threats<br /><ul><li> Other competitors
5. Cheapest cars S-RV Mini SUV<br />Launched in 1998, the HQ or Haoqing S-RV belongs to the HQ series by Geely Automobile, China. This five-door, five-seater is very roomy, adjustable pitch seats, The basic model is priced at $5,780. <br />
2. Cheapest cars Chery QQ3<br /> city car marketed in 2003. In China, it is sold for 29,000-50,000 Remnibi, while internationally it is priced at $5,000. antilock brake systems, dual front airbags, power windows and a Euro-III compliant engine with air-conditioning. <br />
3. Cheapest cars Maruti 800<br />Introduced in 1983, <br />800cc engine, <br />great fuel efficiency and low maintenance cost. Tagged at $5,200, it is available in both AC and non-AC versions. <br />
4. Cheapest cars: Merrie Star<br />Made by China-based Geely Automobile, four doors , riced at $5,500, it was launched in 2005 engine size ranging from 1.0 to 1.3 litres, Geely exports this model to Southeast Asia and Africa. <br />
Tata enjoying the most of incentives!!!<br />A comprehensive package of incentives<br />Electricity Clause –<br /> Electricity at Rs.3kwh<br />Loan Repayment –<br /> Loan with interest repayable in annual installments<br />Lease rental<br />
Fight for Nano Begins – Again<br />West Bengal’s loss another State’s gain<br />Karnataka 1st to offer<br />Gujarat offered 3 strategic locations <br /> - Mundra in Kutch district<br /> - Charodi in Sanand<br /> - Surat <br /><ul><li> Orissa offered land at Gopalpur
Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Uttarakhand also made an offer</li></li></ul><li>Win-win situation<br />
Benefits to <br />Loan of Rs 9,570 crores<br /> THE DEALRs 2,900 cr for Nano plantRs 6,670 cr for Infrastructure developmentRepayment of Rs 9,570 cr loan @ 0.1% over 20 years<br />
THE SWEETNERS<br />100% exemption on electricity duty<br />Concessional power tariff<br />1,100 acre land comes cheap<br />No stamp duty, Registration and transfer charges <br />Payment for land in 8 equal annual instalments<br />
Conclusion<br />World is getting tougher day by day being unique is a competitive advantage. Expectations to Nano has proved this .<br />After 100 years to Henry Ford , Tata has proved him again not only he came out of the expectations but also came out with a platform for Indian auto sector .<br />So this as per this project conclusion can be draw as a future car not only of Indian but also if exported than could be to the world.<br />