The idea was born On July 2, 1981, Infosys Consultants Pvt. Ltd. The starting
capital was $250 which was borrowed from Mrs. Murthy.
• N. R. Narayana Murthy
• Nandan Nilekani
• N. S. Raghavan
• S Gopalakrishnan
• S D Shibulal
• K Dinesh
• Ashok Arora
History of Infosys
• Infosys is established by N. R. Narayana Murthy and six engineers in Pune, India, with
an initial capital of US$ 250
• Signs up its first client, Data Basics Corporation, in New York
• Relocates corporate headquarters to Bangalore
• Opens first international office in Boston, US
• Introduces Employee Stock Options (ESOP) program
• Acquires ISO 9001/Tick IT certification
• Goes public
• The Infosys Foundation is established
• Starts Enterprise Solutions (packaged applications) practice
• Touches revenues of US$ 100 million. Listed on NASDAQ
• Infosys becomes the 21st company in the world to achieve a CMM Level 5 certification
• Infosys celebrates 25 years. Revenues cross US$ 2 billion. Employees grow to
• N. R. Narayana Murthy retires from the services of the company on turning 60.
The Board of Directors appoints him as an Additional Director. He continues as
Chairman and Chief Mentor of Infosys
• Infosys selected as a member of The Global Dow
• Employee strength grows to over 100,000
• N. R. Narayana Murthy hands over chairmanship to K.V. Kamath
• Infosys crosses US$ 6 billion revenue mark, employee strength grows to over
• Listed on the NYSE market
• Infosys acquires Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy
based in Switzerland
• Forbes ranks Infosys among the world's most innovative companies
• Infosys among top 25 performers in Caring for Climate Initiative
• Infosys crosses the US$ 7 billion revenue mark
• Infosys Board appoints N. R. Narayana Murthy as Executive Chairman of the
• Infosys begins trading on NYSE Euronext London and Paris markets
• Infosys Edge™ wins the NASSCOM Business Innovation Award for 2013
• Infosys presented with ‘2013 Environmental Tracking Carbon Ranking
Eras of Strategy
Strategy – Pre 1992 Era
Onsite focus , Few Large Customers, Indirect Sales
Strategy past 1992 till 1999
• Global benchmarking
• Global delivery model
• Employee retention
• Investment in sales and marketing
• Becoming a company of choice for investors, customers and employees
Eras of Strategy Contd.
Strategy Since 1999
1. Accessible business
2. Value added services
3. Business solution services
4. End-to-end capabilities
• IT services
• Business Process management
5. Modular Global Sourcing
6. Large development centers (India, China)
1. Infosys Technologies (Australia) Pty. Limited
2. Infosys BPO Limited
3. Infosys Tecnologia do Brasil Ltda
4. Infosys Technologies (China) Co. Limited
5. Infosys Technologies (Shanghai) Co. Limited
6. Infosys Public Services Inc. (US Based)
• Infosys has been identified as one of the Top 25 performers in Caring for Climate
initiative by UN Global Compact and UN Environment Program.
• Infosys is ranked No.1 among the best managed companies in Asia Pacific in the annual
Euromoney Best Managed Companies in Asia survey 2013.
• Infosys has been voted India’s Most Admired Company in The Wall Street Journal Asia 200
survey every year since 2000.
• Infosys has been recognized as a top performing global partner by consumer goods company
Procter & Gamble (P&G).
• Infosys has received the Oracle Excellence Award for Specialized Partner of the Year –
North America in both ‘Financial Management’ and ‘Human Capital Management’
categories at Oracle OpenWorld 2012.
• Infosys Engineering Services team has been declared the winner in the area of engineering
design at the 2013 Simulating Reality Contest organized by MSC Software, a worldwide
leader in multidiscipline simulation.
And many more …..