• PhoneGap is open source mobile development
- Developed by Nitobi Software
- Bought by Adobe
• Renamed to Cordova after the shift to Adobe
• Enables building mobile device applications
using the Web technology stack –
• A PhoneGap application is considered Hybrid.
- They are neither truly native, nor purely web
- All layout rendering is done via the Web View
• Supports 7 platforms
• Set up your development environment
- PC, Mac
- XCode, Eclipse, Visual Studio
- SDKs, JDKs, Plug-Ins
Same as for Native Development
• Adobe® PhoneGap™ Build- Simply upload
the Adobe® PhoneGap™ Build cloud service and
we do the work of compiling for you.
Create New Project
Add reference to Cordova.js
Register “deviceready” event
Platform-specific native applications
seem to be slowly fading away into a
niche or need-basis.
right, can be a good alternative, and
can save you time an money.
If you’re not sure, validate.