We continuously see great interest in MySQL load balancing and HAProxy, so we thought it was about time we organised a live webinar on the topic! Here is the replay of that webinar!
As most of you will know, database clusters and load balancing go hand in hand.
Once your data is distributed and replicated across multiple database nodes, a load balancing mechanism helps distribute database requests, and gives applications a single database endpoint to connect to.
Instance failures or maintenance operations like node additions/removals, reconfigurations or version upgrades can be masked behind a load balancer. This provides an efficient way of isolating changes in the database layer from the rest of the infrastructure.
In this webinar, we cover the concepts around the popular open-source HAProxy load balancer, and show you how to use it with your SQL-based database clusters. We also discuss HA strategies for HAProxy with Keepalived and Virtual IP.
* What is HAProxy?
* SQL Load balancing for MySQL
* Failure detection using MySQL health checks
* High Availability with Keepalived and Virtual IP
* Use cases: MySQL Cluster, Galera Cluster and MySQL Replication
* Alternative methods: Database drivers with inbuilt cluster support, MySQL proxy, MaxScale, ProxySQL