Social Media Fuel = People
• 54% of women use social media regularly.
• 29% of these women are 35-54 years old.
• The fastest growing female age group is
Facebook: A Snapshot
• Over 500 million active users.
• 150 million mobile users, who are twice as
active on Facebook.
• 50% log-on their news feed every day.
• Average user has 130 friends.
• We spend 700 billion minutes/month on
You May Know These Guys
Algorithm Your Friends
• Spa/Salon industry is unique, real people
must deliver the “product”.
• Social media permits you to interact
• You can’t cut hair or give a massage
• There is an important social aspect to the
spa and salon experience.
How to Use Social Media
• Teach with passion, authority, opinions.
• Keep most loyal clients in mind at all
• Maintain interested with consistent posts
that are relevant and valuable.
• Encourage community to share and
spread your social influence.
• Set up a profile (personal) and FaceBook
page for your business.
• Set up a Twitter account for your business.
Build a Network
• Ask 25 friends, family and coworkers
to become fans.
• Join local networks by city.
• Share links and comment.
Listen and Watch
• Follow relevant conversations.
• Sign-up for Google Alerts.
• Add TweetDeck.
About Your Spa and Salon
Decide How you want to be part of that
Remember the Goal
• Generate transactions on your website.
o Book appointments.
o Encourage clients to try new spa/salon
o Purchase Gifts.
Good Content is Critical
• More content = more traffic to website.
• Fresh, time sensitive, event/specials
• Creates sharing opportunities to reach
What Makes Great Content?
• Passion and expertise.
• Clients want to identify with you so
understand their problems and challenges.
• Consistency increases social media
• Keep them interested and encourage them
to share, spread your social influence.
Social Media Events Encourage Sharing
Referral Codes - exclusive specials to readers
o one-time deals, limited offers, request retweets
Common Social Media Mistakes
• See website as static billboard and social
media as place to post unedited information.
o Website is dynamic, changing and must work
with social media to be successful.
• Aggressive Marketing.
o Build community, engage, create trust.
o It is ok to create a call to action but do it wisely.
Checklist for Effectiveness
2-3 times per week.
Specials, insider info, create relationships
Educate, alert followers/friends to your blog.
Listen and communicate with community.
• Spread your influence.
Referrals, GC purchase notifications, retweets.
The Future of Online Marketing
• Broadcast message across multiple mediums.
• Consistent messaging tailored to best clients.
• Content, promotions and connections.
• Use the right tools.
• Seamless integration.
To learn more about our integrated online
marketing suite and special conference
pricing please contact: