Presenter: Sabrina Haskell Culyba, Senior Game Designer, Schell Games
This talk outlined the tools and processes Schell Games uses when working on serious games with an emphasis on practical takeaways for developers to apply to their own projects:
- Transformational Framework- a tool for breaking down your serious game design problem
- Schedule Considerations- how scheduling for a serious game is different
- Audience Considerations- why it’s so much more than age & gender for serious games
- Working with SMEs- Tips for developers on the how & whys of working with subject matter experts
- Design Lenses- ways of looking at your game design that are particularly relevant for serious games
This is a game developer focused talk given from the perspective of a projector director and lead designer.