42-67 Karl Marx Street Minsk 220030 Belarus
phone: +375 (17) 327 85 69
Freelance Translator, Editor and Proofreader
English into Russian
English into Belarusian
German into Russian
German into Belarusian
• 1980, MS in Applied Mathematics, Belarusian State University, Minsk, Belarus
• 1989, Postgraduate Courses, Minsk Radioengineering Institute, Minsk, Belarus
• 1989, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Minsk Radioengineering Institute, Belarus
Professional Education and Training
• 1992 Two-year English Language Course, Certified Translator, Minsk Linguistic
University, Minsk, Belarus
• 1995 Two-year German Language Course, Certified Translator, Minsk Linguistic
University, Minsk, Belarus
• 1995 Training Course on Internet and Information Services, State University of
• 1996 Visiting Scholarship, New York University, NY, USA
• 1997 - present, part time, Project Consultant, United Nations Development
Program in Belarus
• 1989 - 2010, Associate Professor, Belarusian State University of Informatics and
Radio Electronics, Minsk, Belarus
• 1985-1989, Junior Researcher, Minsk Radio Engineering Institute, Minsk, Belarus
• 1980-1985, System Analyst, Minsk Computer Manufacturing Association, Belarus
Strong writing and editing skills. Translated to Russian/Belarusian and/or edited
number of research papers, technical and project documentation, among them:
• «Guide to Network Resource Tools», European Academic and Research Network,
published in Russian in Minsk, Belarus, 1995, 90 p.
• «Proceedings of the First International Conference on Internet in Education»,
Minsk, 1995, 51 p.
• Editor and reviewer of «English-Russian Dictionary of Internet», ACT Publishing,
Moscow, 2000, 288 p.
• Member of Editorial Board of «Informatika i Obrazovanie (Informatics and
Education)» Journal, Minsk, Belarus.
• Since 1994 work as a freelance translator for UNDP, Architex, Inc. (USA), RIPE
Weblations, S.I. (Barcelona, Spain), ATTICA Brussels (division of Veloss
International SA), Belgium, Open Society Institute (USA), Technidok s.r.o.
(Prague, Czech Republic), EC Program ACTS (Advanced Communications
Technologies and Services), Trans-European Research and Educational Networking
Association TERENA and others.
Fields of Expertise:
Software, Computers, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering,
Telecommunications, Mathematics, Education and Science. Software and web
localization, testing and QA. Strong computer and Internet skills. More then 20 years
of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology and Software
Engineering. Conducted extensive research in these and relevant areas. Working
experience in all level education and academic sphere.
Made several presentations at international conferences, among them:
• 1994, Prague, Czech Republic, INET'94/JENC5, Joint Conference of Internet
Society Annual Meeting and 5th Joint European Networking Conference
• 1995, Honolulu, USA, INET'95, Internet Society Annual Meeting
• 1995, 1st International Conference «Internet in Education», Minsk, Belarus,
Organizing Committee Member, Session Chair
• 1998, 6th European Conference on Information Systems, Program Committee
Member, Aix-en-Provence, France
Windows Vista Business/Windows XP Professional (Windows 2000/9x), MS Office
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, FrontPage), Adobe Photoshop 7.0, Adobe
FrameMaker+SGML 6.0, Adobe Distiller 5.0, Adobe PageMaker 7.0, Adobe
Illustrator 10, Adobe Acrobat 5.0,MS Developer Studio, Netscape 7.1, CorelDraw 11,
QuarkXPress 5.0, MacroMedia FreeHand 10, AutoCAD 2004, DejaVu X
Professional, Trados Studio 2011 SP2 + MultiTerm, SDLX Lite, Transit 3.0 Satellite
PE, across v.5, CATALYST Translator/LITE Edition
Publications in English
1. «UNIBEL - Academic and Research Network of Belarus», INET'95 Annual
Meeting of the Internet Society, Honolulu, Hawaii, pp. 835-838, 1995
2. "The Minsk Metropolitan Area Internet Backbone for Academic and Research
Community", 7th Joint European Networking Conference, Budapest, Hungary, pp.
174-1 - 174-4, 1996
3. "Minsk Internet Project : Results and Perspectives", 8th Joint European
Networking Conference, Edinburgh, UK, pp. 525-1 - 525-4, 1997
4. «Internet Technologies Training Program», UN Bulletin, United Nations Office in
Republic of Belarus, January - February, 1998 (http://www.informatik.uni-
5. «Internet for Education and Research Community of Belarus», NATO Advanced
Networking Workshop on Network Policy (Selected Papers), Tartu, Estonia, pp.