8 ways to change the way you think about online Marketing
to Change the Way you Think about
Change #1. Screw the normal marketing
funnel, turn it upside down
• Turn the funnel upside down!
• If you look at the current marketing funnel, its largest end is
focused on getting new eyeballs on your website – which means
that’s where most people put their time and energy.
• What if you turned the funnel upside down and put a majority of
your focus on your current clients? The results are amazing! By
focusing most of your efforts on doing the best job possible for
your current clients, you turn the funnel upside down and create a
vacuum which will suck in all types of new opportunity.
Context is King
• Context has an interesting definition, it doesn't really entirely
make total sense because perception is different for every human
being that exists.
• The best way I can come up with to define it myself is, the hidden
meaning behind a word. If I whisper to you a comment vs.
screaming it the meaning behind it is different.
• How you present means everything!
• All you do is find people that are interested in the same things you
or your business is and reach out and comment or say hello. This
creates engagement which leads to a network and following. All
businesses are trying to monetize what they are working on to
create growth for their business.
Take advantage of Online Changes
• Google is always changing and trying to increase the user
experience of their site – there is no point in fighting it or wasting
any time being pissed about it. Look for the opportunities that
each change creates and take action on them immediately
Realize that Success take Time
• Many business owners are frustrated when it comes to SEO because it
can take quite a long time for ideal results and to see a Return on
Investment. What takes so long? If search engines are so advanced, why
does it take so much time for your relevant website to beat out your
• Truly understanding and analyzing your competition is never an overnight
• Best onsite practices never stop.
• Link building is not meant to be easy or fast
• If SEO was quick, everyone would be at the top!
• Search engine algorithms are constantly changing.
Be willing to outwork your competition.
• The internet doesn't care what day it is and it often even works
better after hours when people done work, people have more time
to search what you want, and look and share your social media
Root for your Competition
• Growth only happens when you are pushed. Growth doesn't
happen because you go with the flow, it happens because you
work harder than your competition. Without your competition you
cannot have growth or what are you growing? Root for your
competition, whether it is a business or a sports team, or a
magazine. Tell them how great they are and you will find
inspiration to grow your own company along with your
competition, which creates growth.
Online Marketing is the New Lifeline for Businesses
• Online is the lifeline for new business, if you don't have a huge
focus on it you are missing out and missing out means leaving
potential behind. We are in a really cool opportunistic era of
growth where the people that work harder get more and the ones
that don't get less. Online marketing is becoming so important
you can't live without it for your business but offline caring means