What You Need to
$100 A Spreadsheet A Journal
• One line per inventory item
• Date of purchase
• Why you bought it
• Update Fees and Profit When the Item Sells
• Other Data to Track
• Sales Rank
• Write a few sentences about what you
did that day.
• What sold?
• What was your scouting trip like?
• What went well? What didn’t?
What You’ll Get out
of the Challenge
Renewed focus and understanding of
Developing good habits
Discovering new strategies and
•Ask these questions
• Why do you have an Amazon business?
• What do you sell?
• What’s your favorite section of a store to
source in? What’s your least favorite?
• When’s the last time you tried something new?
• What’s holding your business back?
Building New Habits
• Start small.
• Develop effective methods
of recording, analyzing and understanding data.
• Tracking costs, inventory and profits.
• Make smarter, less impulsive decisions.
Look Closely at Costs
• Use your spreadsheet.
• Track all costs.
• Understand where your money is going.
• Apply that level of discipline to your entire
• Sell in a new category.
• Discover new products.
• Add new stores to your scouting trips.
• Growing a business is hard. Focusing on one
thing might be holding you back.
• Expand to new product categories or new
lines of products. Try wholesale.
• Avoid tunnel vision. Look for opportunities to
Sue’s Keys to Success
• Don’t settle for inventory that is just good
• Make rules but know when to break them.
• Establish sourcing guidelines to prevent bad
• Remember, you only have $100 to start.
• Keep great records!
• What went wrong?
• What would you change?
• Join, tell your story, share your goal!