Be the first to like this
Custard Pi 6 - 8 Relay card with ribbon connector
The Downloads tab has sample Python code to demonstrate the use of the Custard Pi 6.
The Custard Pi 6 provides the following benefits for the hobbyist intending to use the GPIO.
1. The board simply plugs into the 26 way GPIO connector Using the supplied ribbon connector. The LED fitted to the 3.3V rail confirms correct plug in.
2. Uses the two I2C pins on the GPIO connector to control 8 relays.
3. There are 8 screw terminals provided to access the three pins of each relay: C (common), NC (Normally Closed) and NO (Normally Open).
4. The necessary functions to control the relays are provided by SF Innovations making it very easy for the programmer.
6. Switch S1 on each Custard Pi 6 can be used to set it a unique address with a choice of 8. Up to 8 different cards can be controlled each with 8 relays - allowing a total of 64 relays to be controlled using the Custard Pi 6.
7. There are 2 26 way connectors provided on each Custard Pi 6 allowing a maximum of 8 to be daisy chained.