The Custard Pi 2 provides the following benefits for the hobbyist intending to use the GPIO.
1. Provision of the following I/O.
4 open-collector digital outputs
4 buffered digital inputs
2 x 12 bit analogue outputs
2 x 12 bit analogue inputs
2 The board simply plugs into the 26 way GPIO connector. Two power on LEDs are fitted to the 3.3V and 5V rails to confirm correct plug in.
3. All the pins on the Pi are protected from accidental connection of a high voltage.
4. There are screw terminals provided for easy connection to external electronics: 4 digital outputs, 4 digital inputs, 2 analogue outputs, 2 analogue inputs and power.
5. There are no screw terminal connection to the 6 pins that are not in use. This prevents accidental connection to them.
6. The 3.3 V and 5 V voltage rails have 100 mA multifuses fitted and are protected from over voltage.