Successfully reported this slideshow.
We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime.

4 Principles For Higher Conversion By Khalid Saleh

1,061 views

Published on

From the SMX East 2014 Conference in New York City, NY. SESSION: Conversion Rate Rockstars. PRESENTATION: 4 Principles For Higher Conversion - Given by Khalid Saleh, @KhalidH, CEO - Invesp. #SMX #32C

Published in: Data & Analytics
  • Be the first to comment

4 Principles For Higher Conversion By Khalid Saleh

  1. 1. 4 Principles for Higher Conversions
  2. 2. Company facts • Founded in 2006 • Architect of several Fortune 500 ecommerce sites • Senior staff on conversion optimization projects Customers • Over 350 completed CRO projects • Customers in US, UK, Australia, Denmark, Japan, Middle East Success • 65% average uplift in conversion
  3. 3. Increasing Conversion Rates is a Complex Problem “For retailers looking to grow their conversion rates — which typically hover around 3% — conversion marke;ng provides opportuni;es to address the other 97% of visitors” Forrester Research
  4. 4. Shopping Conversion Rates 2.2% -­‐ The average website conversion rate Shop.org 30% of retail shoppers complete their purchase Retail Store Ops 24% average conversion rate of top 10 conver>ng sites Marke;ng Charts
  5. 5. POP QUIZ!
  6. 6. 6% Increase In Conversion
  7. 7. 1. Your CRO Goals • Aim at 9-12% conversion rates • CRO <> Testing • CRO is a long term commitment
  8. 8. POP QUIZ!
  9. 9. 20% Increase In Conversion
  10. 10. • Focus on pages with high exit and bounce rates • Look at the checkout process Checkout process • Upwards of 80% Main homepage • Over 30,000 exits/bounces • Index value below average
  11. 11. 2. Be careful with best practices • Usability principals are good in theory but difficult in practice • What works for one website does not work for others. • Move beyond simple analytics metrics to determine starting points • Determine KPIs before starting • Conduct monthly assessment • Start by creating goals in Google
  12. 12. POP QUIZ!
  13. 13. Which test won?
  14. 14. A Methodology Pays Off
  15. 15. 3. Follow a Methodology • Choose a methodology for assessment • Pinpoint problems, create hypothesis, let the visitors judge!
  16. 16. 26% Increase In Conversion
  17. 17. • Results – Average 8.39% – Average uplift 14% Test Results 1 -2.72% 2 -2.34% 3 0.68% 4 -2.05% 5 -0.09% 6 -0.21% 7 8.82% 8 12.30% 9 27.40% 10 2.36% 11 36.20% 12 4.82% 13 3.24% 14 33.20% 15 9.01% 16 3.59%
  18. 18. When things go wrong • Did you allow for enough time? • What methodology was used to select the pages? • What evaluation process was used on these particular pages? • Was the testing process conducted correctly?
  19. 19. 4. Manage Expectations • Allow for a minimum of 6-8 months – The first period is groundwork period • The goal is to achieve a 5% uplift on average per month – 79% annualized
  20. 20. Special Offer Email: convert@invesp.com www.invesp.com

×