Make an Investment
• Many couples or families choose to purchase
a second home as a real estate investment.
• Be sure your financial position is favorable.
• Whether you rent it out or use it as a
vacation home, you need to do your
Home Away From Home
• If you’re looking for a
vacation home, it
needs to still feel like
a place where you
want to spend your
• The worst kind of
investment would be
a home that you
Follow Your Interests
• Choose a location
where you will want
to spend time.
– If you like skiing,
look at Park City,
Aspen, or Sun Valley.
– If you like beach life,
look at Florida, or
Choose Your Realtor Wisely
• Work with someone
whose opinion you
• Find someone that
will patient with
• Look at states and cities that have a lower
cost of living.
• Growing or revitalized areas have increasing
value, but are usually relatively cheap at the
• If you are looking at a more popular
location, like Park City, find a community
that is a few miles away. The pricing will be
Consider Building Your Own
• You can buy your own plot of land and build
a custom home.
• This is a common practice if you’re wanting a
• Luxury communities also allow you to
purchase plots within their boundaries.
Test Community Atmosphere
• Don’t commit
before you meet the
• Find out about the
• Look at safety and
• Look at property tax laws in the state,
county, and town you want to purchase the
• Sometimes moving just outside a city’s
boundaries will make a large difference in
Check Out Red Ledges!
• Red Ledges is a golf-oriented luxury
community located near Park City and Heber