7 Types of Cladding
There are more cladding types than you might think!
What is cladding?
• Cladding is an exterior finishing system meant to protect the
underlying structure (like a home) and provide an aesthetically
• How long it lasts depends on the type of cladding, but most
cladding systems are quite durable and last up to 50 years.
1. Stone cladding
• Stone cladding is comprised of thin layers of natural or
simulated stone (simulated stone is much cheaper than real
stone) on the exterior of homes or buildings. Homes with
stone cladding tend to look more elegant, natural, and earthy.
2. Timber cladding
• Timber cladding comes in horizontal boards, shingles, or
panels. It’s a popular choice for many homeowners because
the look of real timber on homes is rustic, warm, and inviting.
It also is a good natural insulator, and it’s an environmentally
friendly cladding choice.
3. Weatherboard cladding
• Weatherboards are usually made from reconstituted
hardwood or timber that can be painted or stained however
you like. They can be fixed to all kinds of underlying material
like fiber cement or brick. However, they may require ongoing
maintenance if you want them to stay in good condition.
4. Fiber cement cladding
• This particular type of cladding is made by compressing sand,
cement, and cellular fiber into sheets. Although it looks like
wood, it is lighter and easier to install than wood. It also
requires less maintenance.
5. Brick cladding
• You can create various looks and patterns by using different
colored bricks in a brick cladding system. Bricks are also easy
to work with, lightweight, and a good insulator. They also
don’t need much maintenance.
6. Vinyl cladding
• Vinyl cladding comes in many colors and it looks great on all
kinds of homes. It’s recyclable, economical, and uses fewer
resources when it’s being manufactured. It also requires little
maintenance, and you can add insulation to it pretty easily.
7. Metal cladding
• Metal cladding can give your home a sleek, modern look, and
it comes in a range of colors to suit your home. Steel and
aluminum are popular metal choices for metal cladding
systems. You can count on your metal cladding system to be
strong, durable, lightweight, and long lasting.
Call Fine Metal Roof Tech Today
• Now that the question, “What is metal cladding?” has been
answered, you may be interested in the many benefits metal
cladding can offer your home.
• Fortunately, Fine Metal Roof Tech offers metal cladding
systems that you can put on your home’s roof or walls. If you
want an exterior finish that’s going to last for decades and
look modern and chic, use our metal cladding systems.
• You can contact us today for more information by calling 801-
462-5264 or by visiting www.finemetalrooftech.com.
• You can also view our wall cladding gallery online to see what
our metal cladding systems looks like on homes!