Why talk about concrete?
• Concrete plays more of a role in your life than you may
think. Without it, there wouldn’t be safe roads, safe
traveling in general, comfortable homes or sturdy
buildings to work in.
• The fact that concrete is literally everywhere makes
concrete cutting a necessity. Concrete cutting methods are
used to make concrete into something functional that
people can use every day (like buildings and bridges).
• With that said, here are some interesting facts about
concrete and the concrete industry:
1. The annual global production of
concrete is 5 billion cubic yards.
2. Making one tonne of cement
requires two tonnes of raw material
(such as limestone and shale).
3. The value of ready mixed concrete
produced by the concrete industry is
estimated at $30 billion.
4. The ready mixed concrete
industry uses about 75% of the
cement shipped in the U.S.
5. The original use of concrete has
been traced back to ancient Egypt.
6. Concrete is used twice as
much in construction than all
other building materials.
Concrete and Concrete Cutting
• With so much concrete in the world, there’s a need for
specialists who know the concrete cutting methods that
can make door frames and steps and bridges and
countless other necessities.
• Concrete cutting is what makes
the concrete industry so
successful. It creates an efficient
way to work with all the concrete
that’s being produced.
Concrete Cutting Specialists
• The next time you’re thinking of starting a project that
involves concrete, contact your local concrete cutting
specialists who know how to do things like core drilling,
flat sawing and grinding and grooving.
• You can also visit a-core.com to learn more about the
concrete cutting services available to you.