The vast majority of developers, agile or otherwise, take an ad-hoc approach to reuse. Although this is a good start, we have the opportunity to do much better. The goals of reuse engineering are to achieve quicker time to market, improved ROI, improved consistency within delivered solutions, and easier updates to common functionality. Unfortunately reuse engineering is easier said than done.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- What is reuse engineering?
- Why is reuse engineering difficult?
- How does reuse engineering fit into agile software delivery?
- Where do reusable assets come from?
- How can you support and evolve reusable assets over time?
- How do you fund reuse?