4th and 5th grade students in a special education resource room (LD/BD)
3 girls, 12 boys
9 white, 6 black
All students enjoy hands-on activities, so we will focus on these kinds of activities
• Students will know the landforms and bodies of water and will be able to identify what regions
specific landforms and bodies of water can be found after participating in class discussions,
interactive lessons on the SMARTboard, watching videos, and completing worksheets. After 5
days of class work and homework, students will be able to identify and answer questions with
90% accuracy. (If students do not pass with 90% accuracy they will be able to re-try until they
truly know the information.)
1. Students will use technology responsibly
2. Students will go to class weebly site and take survey
3. Students will use the tools I give them to research and learn more about the land forms and bodies of water.
4. Students will visit site on WV Landform’s with partners and take notes on things they learned for the first time
5. Then students will watch video on the definitions of landforms (they are encouraged to take notes)
6. When everybody is finished, we will go to our seats and participate in beginning of Landform SMART Board interactive
7. Students will be given a link to my blog which they will take home and read, reread, and comment on for a homework
1. Students will use the tools I give them to research and learn more about the land forms and bodies of water.
2. Students will use technology responsibly
3. Students will be assigned a landform and make a twitter as a day in the life of that landform. They will follow the class
twitter page to receive credit for the assignment.
4. Students will add the class Facebook so that they can stay up to date with the class news
5. Then students will learn how to use Zello and be added to the class page (Part of their homework will be to ask
questions in the Zello tonight)
6. Students will lastly complete a webquest and share it with the class
DAY BY DAY BREAKDOWN
1. Day 3:
2. Students will use the example I gave them of my poster to create their own poster.
3. They will use materials and class time to create a poster with a landform/water body theme.
4. Students will use technology responsibly
5. Students will be watch a tutorial video on how to make a collage on Photoshop.
6. Then they will create their own collage regarding the topic.
7. Then students will present their work to the class when they are finished
8. Students will visit the class wiki spaces page to get more familiar with it and see the resources it offers
1. Students will complete worksheet
2. Then we will use the interactive SMARTBoard lesson
3. Students will use technology responsibly
4. Students will then view the power point online while taking notes
5. They will review words with partners to study for Friday’s assessment
1. Students will take assessments
2. After assessing, we will watch the storytelling video
3. Students will watch videos on how to create robots and then try to create them!
USE OF TECHNOLOGY:
Videos shown on SMARTboard (BrainPop video, YouTube Video)
ELMO used by teacher to review worksheets and other hand outs with students
Landforms SMARTboard interactive activity
Weebly class site
Arts & Bots
"Landforms SMARTboard interactive activity.” Teachers Pay Teachers. 14 May 2014. Web. 13
September 2015 https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Landforms-SMARTboard-
“Landforms.” BrainPop. Web. 13 September 2015.