PSYCHOLOGY CADBURY GROUP: Marrielle De Asis Lorry Ann Rejuso Angeleene Pajarin Cristobal
OVERWIEW QUESTIONS: What Psychology means? The Importance of Psychology Different Subfields of Psychology How Psychology Improves a Relationship How can Business Psychology help you? • Recruitment • Organizational culture • Development • Pain Points • Downsizing
What Psychology means? Psychology means a theoretical, educationaland applied science connecting the scientific studyof mental operations and behavior or performance. Psychology also refers to the application orusage of understanding, knowledge and skills to anumber of areas of human activity, involving issuesconcerning withdaily activities such as education,events, people and their task, employment,association, relationship as well as the treatment ofmental-health problems.
The Importance of Psychology Psychology is important as it is concerned withthe study of behavior and mental processes and atthe same time, it is also applied to many differentareas of human life. Everything we do is very muchrelated to psychology. Psychology, primarily studieswho and what we are, why we are like that, why weact and think like that and how we can improveourselves.
Different Subfields of Psychology• Abnormal Psychology . • Industrial/ Organization• Biological Psychology Psychology• Cognitive Psychology • Environmental psychology• Personality Psychology • Clinical Psychology Forensic• Psychology and Law Psychology• Quantitative Psychology • Health Psychology• School Psychology • Psychology of Creativity• Social psychology • Psychology of Beauty• Comparative Psychology • Animal Psychology .• Counseling Psychology
How Psychology Improves a Relationship You make use of psychology everyday of your life.Are you aware of that? You use it when you are talkingwith friends, with your co workers and with everyonearound you, you use it when arguing, reasoning anddisciplining your child. • Psychology Help in Building Relationships. • Psychology Improves Daily Communication • Psychology Builds Self-Confidence • Psychology Enriches Careers
How can business psychology help you?• Recruitment• Organizational culture• Development• Pain Points• Downsizing
• Recruitment Psychologists can prevent organisations frommaking costly recruitment mistakes by identifying toptalent who will not only help the organisation throughleaner times but also enable it to come out of thedownturn in a stronger position. Businesspsychologists offer organisations a layer of informationthat often goes beyond standard interviewingprocesses.
• Organizational culture Whilst many organisations will be focused onimmediate challenges, such as short-term budgetingand restructuring for survival, it is also important tomaintain a long-term perspective. At a time whenmany organisations are looking to cut costs throughredundancies and pay rises that are below inflation, itis vital that you protect the culture that has beencreated and make the organisation an attractive placeto work.
• Development Investing in staff through personal, managerialand leadership development will not only helporganisations to retain their top performers but alsoattract talent in the market. Such provision provides acompetitive advantage to attracting these people, whoincreasingly expect such organisational support as partof their package.
• Pain Points Business psychologists have the knowledge todeal with and tackle the ‘pain points’ within abusiness to significantly reduce levels of stress andtension. Consequently, the organization can be in abetter state to innovate and formulate solutions toits current challenges. Executive coaching offerssenior leaders the opportunity to develop the ‘softskills’ that are required to engage and re-motivateemployees, as well as build their own resilience tolead others through times of change.
• Downsizing Many organisations may also be forced toconsider a downsizing strategy. In redundancysituations it is important to make informed andtimely decisions, communicate clearly, and treatpeople respectfully. Psychologists are well placed tooffer career transition coaching to exiting staff whomay be distressed and needing support in their jobsearch.