What service SAP offers
• SAP offers obligatory service for each New GL
• ‘Questionnaire’ for determining migration
• Scenario-based migration Cockpit program
• Remote service sessions (scenario validation and
test validations to check data consistency)
• Back office support.
• All at a fixed price.
How PwC can help
• New GL migration is not a technical data
migration project. This is an opportunity for
significant process improvements and also
address existing pain points in the process.
• With industry, process and technology
experience, we can help you to transform your
financial and management reporting, with
migration to SAP New GL and implementation of
it’s new features, suited for the industry and your
specific business needs.
• We have helped multiple utilities in the market
place with their New GL initiatives, right from
assessment through migration.
For more information, contact:
Principal– Power & Utilities
703 918 3649
Director – SAP Finance Transformation
408 623 9572
Director – Power & Utilities
415 690 6421
Why New GL
• New and simplified finance data structure (new
tables) bringing in significant improvements in
data query and reporting.
• Extendibility of finance data structure with
‘Customer’ fields can allow reporting based on
industry/ customer specific reporting attributes.
• Single version of truth with CO/FI real-time
integration. No need for reconciliation ledger, no
need for month-end reconciliations.
• Improved segment reporting. Independent
financial statements using dimensions like
Segment, Profit Center, Business Area. Online
‘Document Splitting’ makes it real-time and also
eliminates many cumbersome month-end
allocations and adjustments.
• Parallel accounting with ‘Leading’ and ‘Non-
leading’ ledgers; support multiple accounting
principles, valuations and fiscal years. No need
for highly customized solutions like Special
• ‘Leading’ and ‘Non-leading’ ledgers operating on
same set of standard tables and accessible
through standard reports.
• Same user interface for ‘Leading’ and ‘Non-
leading’ ledgers (data entry and reporting).
Ability to post into multiple ledgers and to
• Ability to allocate GL balance based on
additional dimensions. Example B/S items
allocation by Profit Center or Segment.
• Faster and more efficient ‘Period Close’ due to
reduction of manual processing and elimination
of several period-end activities
like B/S adjustment, CO/FI reconciliation.
Closing activities can be run separately in parallel
• Improved reporting with new out-of-the box
standard reports based on New GL data
Finance Transformation with SAP New GL
Migration benefits & considerations
With industry, process
experience, we can help
you to transform your
with migration to SAP
New GL and
implementation of it’s
new features, suited for
the industry and your
specific business needs.
Moving onto New GL
would be a stepping
stone for embracing
powered by Suite on
Hana and Smart
Period - End