A Short Introduction
Co-founder of Clever Lucy, a Cincinnati-based women-owned
agency comprised of a team of seasoned experts that bring big
agency talent and experience with the efficiency and focus of a
Previously, Keri was President of Cleriti, a HubSpot Partner Agency
and ran the local chapter of the HubSpot User Group (HUG).
C O - F O U N D E R | C E O
au·to·ma·tion | ˌȯ-tə-ˈmā-shən
Automatically controlled operation of an apparatus,
process, or system by mechanical or electronic
devices that take the place of human labor.
What is automation?
75% of companies currently use marketing automation.
58% of B2B companies plan to use it in the future.
Who is using marketing automation?
Sources: Social Media Today’s’ State of Social Media Automation Survey (2019) & emailmonday.com
The most important benefits of marketing
automation are improved customer experience
(45.9%), improved quality of leads (37.7%), and
an increased number of leads (34.9%), according
to those surveyed.
Top Benefits of Marketing
Source: Liana Technologies
10% 20% 30% 40% 50%
Increased # of Leads
Increased Quality of Leads
Improved Customer Experience
Another Glance at Key Benefits for B2B
Source: SmartInsights and Communigator Managing B2B Marketing Automation (2019)
According to recent research studies, companies
that effectively use marketing automation to
nurture prospects see a 451% increase in
Essential for Nurturing Leads
Source: Annuitas Group
100% 200% 300% 400% 500%
Effective Use of MA
Less than 3 in 10 (28%) companies who
subscribe to a marketing automation tool
take advantage of the available features.
Source: SmartInsights and Getresponse “Email Marketing and marketing Automation Excellence” (2018)
• Analyze your staff work effort and identify tasks that could
benefit from automation
• Identify gaps in your analytics tracking
• Review your path to purchase and identify any breaks
Weigh Your Options &
Know Your Needs
• Social Media Posting (80%)
• Email Marketing (75%)
• Social Media Advertising (55%)
Get the Most Out of Your
• Voice Keyword Call Tracking
• Scoring and Grading Leads
• CRM Integration
• Look for quality over quantity when it comes to content
• Ideally, choose an agency partner before selecting and setting
up an automation tool
Agency Insider Tips
• Marketing automation tools can be great for connecting your
marketing and sales efforts
• Involve your sales counterparts in the decision early as it will
impact their team directly
• Sales teams dismiss leads delivered by marketing
• The flow of leads from the platform to
reps never gets set up
Why the great divide?
Social distancing before it was cool.
• Involve sales from the get-go
• Consider current CRM in-use
• Collaborate with sales team on path-to-purchase
• Define marketing to sales handoff point
If you aren’t equipped with the right team to make the most
of marketing automation, Clever Lucy can help.
Learn more about our full capabilities at cleverlucy.com