• Sales is the act of meeting prospective buyers &
providing them with a product or service in
turn of money or other required compensation.
Starts with an Enquiry or Generation of need.
Proceeds with Understanding the exact requirement and
offering a technically suitable, cost effective solution.
Taken further with discussions, presentations, technical
queries and bringing prospective buyer in confidence loop
about meeting his requirement.
Offering right terms and
conditions to make buyer comfortable
in taking a decision.
Closing the deal by documenting.
Sent for Execution
Closing deal by Understanding
documentation the requirement
Right commercial Tech Discussions
itors activities clearance
• Offering right solution in the very beginning is most
important otherwise buyer may not even consider
the solution being given to him or will have a
negative image about product/organization/sales
• This comes from understanding the requirement
thoroughly and having a clear understanding of own
products/strength’s/limitations and matching them
with client’s requirement
• Once done, half of the job is almost done as client
has a faith that he is in right hands.
• Example: A past example of case: Case Study.
• Helps in removing any of the doubts in clients
mind about product/application feasibility/after
sales & support/servicing.
• Makes buyer inclined towards
product/organization offering right technical
solution in advance manner.
• Helps client in taking a final decision about your
• Helps in creating a brand image about
Offering right terms & conditions helps client in taking a
quick decision in your favor.
While doing so, companies policies, interests and
procedures should always be kept in mind and matched
with buyer’s requirement without affecting any side.
Remember, here it is imperative that client must get a true
feeling that “SALES PERSON IS ON HIS SIDE AND WANTS
HIS LONG TERM BENEFIT BY OFFERING “ A RIGHT
SOLUTION AT A RIGHT PRICE”.
Seller and buyer are like two rails of a track which will
never meet each other (In terms of price & conditions)
but should never part with each other also and go side by
side in exact tuning to achieve a common target
• Having done all above, it is very important to
bring the entire discussion/agreement in Black &
White clearly or document all as this avoids lots
of unnecessary hassles later on and side by side
completes legal formalities required at both
• Above all becomes more relevant and applicable when it comes to
Capital Goods/High Tech equipments as sale is influenced/guided
by many factors as these being major decisions, can not be reversed
or changed taken. Few constraints for a sales professional could be-
• Highly technical and experienced people to deal with.
• Bigger companies with large turnover, better infrastructure in
client’s arena as well as competitors also.
• Higher designation of people to deal with like MD/VP/Tech Director
• Inclination of prospective buyer towards a particular brand based
on recommendations/previous experience/market credibility.
• Technical feasibility/price compatibility of product w r t other
• Drive & Zeal to succeed and achieve targets
• Effective use of time & resources available
• Constant watch on all cases being handled and touch with
• Proper and effective verbal & written communication
• Ability to dig out required information from client which
can be used in influencing decision in his favor
• Honesty with himself/organization/client
• Quick response to all (be it internal or external customer).
• Easily available/approachable to all.
• Be ready for new opportunities w r t his tools/presentation
and response time
• Not to be a victim but take charge and lead from front.
• Effective and convincing representation at each step,
be it introduction, offer, finalization stage.
• Technically oriented, aware of happenings in market
and related areas wrt product, applications, new
launches, competitors activities.
• Open communicator with realistic projections with
internal and external clients
• Polite and affirmative with VISIBLE WILLINGNESS to
• Aggressive/Non compromising when it comes to
targets, decision related to business welfare.