What MPD-2021 is aimed at ?
• New settlements for the growing need of the
• Quality living
• Making Delhi a World Class metropolitan
• Sustaining development keeping in mind the
• Delhi has been divided into zones for faster development.
• There are a total of 15 zones in Delhi.
• Only one zone is in the South West that is available for
Residential i.e. L Zone
L Zone Features
• Biggest Zone of all
• Best located- Adjacent to Gurgaon & Dwarka
• Planned for maximum residential units
• Closest to the Airport
• Next best location of South Delhi
• Extremely easy commutation with rest of Delhi
• Two Urban Extension roads pass through it
Process for land development:
•Land bought by private firms
•Land pooled by firms
•Land handed over to DDA for development (land pooling policy)
•DDA returns developed plot
•License and approvals taken by builders
As per the MPD-2021, the land is not being bought by the DDA directly
from the farmers. Instead, this time the DDA has asked individuals to buy
land from the farmers. Once the policy is land passed, the land pooling
shall begin. The land pooling process means surrendering land to the DDA.
After land surrendering, the DDA develops the land and returns back a plot
to the company/individual for further development. The process is as
Process Of Land Pooling
2 pieces of land
Apply for land
Here is explained the process of land pooling. Suppose there are two pieces of land owned
by different companies/individuals. They come together and apply for land pooling.
DDA gives you a developed plot joining
the 2 pieces of land