Dubai Marina - Marina
Cell: 00971-55-200-52 72
Enthusiastic and Hardworking Mechanical Engineer
Dear HR Manager
PLEASE NOTE: I apologize for the impersonal greeting. I wanted to address this cover
letter to you by name but it was not provided online and I was unable to obtain it.
Your ad called out to me because the position, as described, is such a perfect match
with my skills, as you will see when you review my resume.
As my resume indicates, I possess more than five years of progressive experience in the
HVAC field. My professional history includes positions such as HVAC Design Engineer
at Techno Therm LTD. Most recently, my responsibilities as HVAC Design Engineer at
Techno Therm LTD match the qualifications you are seeking. As the HVAC Mechanical
Engineer, my responsibilities included:
• Cooling /Heating load calculation.
• Supervising installation.
• Testing and commissioning.
• Technical support for troubleshooting.
My supervisor also relied on my ability to deal and coordinate with customers.
P.S : I am excited about the possibility of a personal interview at your earliest
convenience to further discuss my credentials with you.
I appreciate your consideration.
Sammy Shattahy Mechanical
D.O.B: 08- Sep- 1985.
P.O.B: Khobar, KSA.
Current address: Dubai Marina – Dubai – UAE .
Cell phone: +971 528 695 596
Military service: exempt (no male sibling).
2004- 2009: graduated from Faculty of Mechanical and electrical Engineering-
Mechanical Engineering, HVAC, General Estimation Grade (67.69) , Damascus
University, Damascus, Syria
2003-2004: Syrian Baccalaureate, Experimental Sciences, Oumaya School,
Graduation project: heating and cooling load calculation, piping system design
For the Ya’afour tourist hotel.
• Training Courses followed:
July 2008: programming language in C#( Elementary) in Rida Computer
Center September 2007: Autocad in Al Khawarizmi.(2D)
November 2010 : Training in Samsung Middle East Headquarters –Dubai-UAE
On the Samsung DVM Plus III Air Conditioning system
December 2010 : Industrial Control course in Almamoun Institute (electric
motor control )
May 2011:PMP (Project Management Professional )course in the training center at
the order of Syrian engineers – Damascus .
October 2011 : Training in Samsung Middle East Headquarters –Dubai-UAE
On the Samsung DVM Plus III Air Conditioning system (Control system)
February2012 : Primavera P6 (Project Management Software ).
July 2008: Training in Sham Hotel Maintenance Department HVAC section
• Job Experience:
November 2013 – present Operation Engineer - Home Service at Emirates District Cooling
- Responsible for monitoring and overseeing all aspects of the physical maintenance of the home
- provide engineering support to the plant and operation of home service team regarding
equipment, components, sub-assemblies or sub-contracting to achieve low operation
cost, maintain quality and meet schedules.
- Prepare reports, raising of capital approvals, and identify methods to improve the existing work
process and existing equipment to maximize the utilization of company resources.
- Direct control to motivate subordinates in all aspects affecting their works performance and
manage a team of technicians and handyman to work effectively as a support staff to the
operating Home Services Team.
- Supervise home service operation to ensure that all programs are in accordance with
schedule and ensure all equipment are check and maintain periodically.
- Assist in the development and implementation of preventive maintenance plan.
- prepare inspection report and set up quotation for customer.
- Maintain all records related to home service.
- Maintain monitoring the store spare parts.
- Provide high attention to detail with excellent supervisory and management skills.
- Prepare RFQ with detailed scope of work and invite contractors and suppliers for any required
service procurement up to work completion.
- Handles multiple tasks with ability to interact and communicate effectively with both customers
and staff. Maintain all the documents related to company procedures/standards and ensure that all
the stipulated checks and procedures formulated in the standards are followed strictly related to
all the departments covered in O&M.
- Read and understand HVAC drawings.
- Prepare PR through ERP.
February 2010- present: HVAC Engineer in TECHNO THERM .CO Certified
by Samsung Air conditioning – Samsung Electric Middle East HQ
- Cooling /Heating load calculation.
- Air distribution system calculation /design (cooling /heating supply duct).
- Air ventilation system (duct sizer, pressure drop, air inlet/outlet) fan selection. -
Air handling unit full design (capacity, air flow, pressure drop) - Psychrometric
- Copper pipe system design for VRF system.
- Hydronic system pipe sizing, pressure drop, pump selection.
- Supervising installation.
- Testing and commissioning.
- Technical support for troubleshooting.
- Dealing and coordination with customers.
- Part time sales engineer.
- Quotation coordinator.
- Specialized in the Samsung DVM Air Conditioning system. (Installation, testing
Stand Engineer in CLIMATEC 2010 HVAC Fair.
Stand Engineer in BUILDEX Exhibition for Construction 2010.
Perfect command of spoken and written Arabic
Excellent command of spoken and written English Good
command of spoken and written French
• Computer skills
Primavera P6 R8.1
Internet – E-mail.
Microsoft office (word, Excel and Power Point.)
AutoCAD 2008 (2D)
Mechanical desktop 2006
UAE Driver’s License: Active