Intelligent Switchgear Organization LLC
A Caterpillar Electric Power Business 4955 Marconi Drive • Alpharetta, GA 30005
(770) 442-9442 • Fax: (770) 664-6302
Condensed Version on Soft Ramp Feature:
1. Soft Ramp in and out of Base Load, Import.
2. Utility CB Aux must be closed before Gen breaker will close
3. If utility Aux is opened during operation the Gen CB will immediately open
4. Taking Switch Gear ECS to CDS will cause soft ramp and then opens Gen breaker
1. Utility Aux must be opened or Gen CB will not close
2. When a Generator closes to a hot bus it will assume load without a soft ramp
3. When the run request is removed all generators CB’s will immediately open
4. If a SWGR ECS is placed into CDS the generator will soft ramp and open Gen CB
5. Gen Demand Priority.
. 0 When a generator CB is closed to the buss there is no soft ramp
0 When a generator is removed from the buss there is a soft ramp
unload and then the CB is opened
1. Once the generator CB is closed to the buss the PLC no longer has load control,
so soft ramp is not possible.
2. If the SWGR ECS is placed in CDS the Gen CB will immediately open
3. If the generator is removed based on Generator Demand Priority logic the
breaker will immediately open